Chapter Six

Enjoy! Thanks for reading. Etc. Etc. I'm not gonna bug you to vote or comment. :P I believe if my story is good (or crappy) enough, you'd tell me on your own... Or I'm just naieve. Naiieve. Naeve. Naive. GOD I CAN'T SPELL THAT WORD!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Surrounded. What were we surrounded by?! Suddenly, Kadan was holding me up. He looked around, swearing profusely. "Dammit! I can't fucking believe-! Oh shit! This is fucking bullshit! This is-! UGH!" he yelled, frustrated. If there was any doubt in the pursuers' mind as to where we were, it was gone. I squirmed in his arms and whined. "Addilynn!" Kadan yelled at me, forgetting the name he gave me. "Knock it the fuck off!" I whimpered, but stopped. He swore some more.

The he put me down, but continued to hold my waist. Warmth spread over my body, and I felt tingly. Then, everything disappeared.

After a few moments of feeling nothingness, I felt wind around me, like a breeze. Then, stronger. It whoosed past me, or me past it. I wasn't sure. Suddenly, I felt light, like I was floating. I opened my eyes (which I didn't realize I had closed) and saw that I was in a tree. I was gently put onto a branch. I searched desperately for Kadan until I saw him below me. He looked exhausted, and it didn't seem like anyone had come attacked yet. I could see them, though. They were in the bushes, but strangely enough, not in the trees. They just stood there for a little while, crouched under the brush.

There was a signal given, and they darted out from the bushes. They moved quickly, but unskillfully. Their punches missed, even if Kadan didn't move. Their kicks hit air. His punches made contact, and they cried out in pain, failing to dodge him. They were fighting a losing battle before they even came out of their hiding spot. Then I saw him. He crept toward Kadan carefully, slowly. There was a glint that came from near his hand. Being only three, I didn't know what it was. It was pointy, and a shining black. Beautiful, but frightening. I tried to yell out to Kadan. A scream bubbled up inside me, but it refused to come out. I crawled toward the trunk of the tree, the branch that I was on shook with every little bit of distance that i gained. I whimpered, deciding not to move. I laid on on branch on my stomach, my arms and legs wrapped tightly around it, clinging to it for life. I turned my head to look at Kadan. He had seen the man with the dagger and had already stopped him. The man was on the ground, seeming to be asleep. He didn't move. Kadan's fighting slowed. He wasn't able to dodge as much as he could before. He was getting hit. Hard. Their numbers were beating his strength.

Fear welled up inside me as they hit him harder. More appeared out of nowhere and even if he did get one down, two more would appear in the one's place.

I had to help Kadan. They were bad men. That's all that I understood at the time, but it was enough to make me climb towards the tree trunk. I tried to ignore the branch swaying from side to side quickly and slowly scooted myself along the branch. I wanted to cry out of sheer terror. I hugged the trunk when I got to it, crying in relief. I looked at Kadan. He threw a useless punch at one of the men. It missed, and the man grabbed him by his hair. I looked away when I saw him pull down His head and raise his knee quickly. I heard Kadan yell in pure agony. I whimpered making myself try to get down quicker. I looked for a branch below me, and dangled my leg down, trying to land on it. I hugged the branch I was on and carefully dropped myself onto the branch. Look, dangle, hug, drop. Look, dangle, hug, drop. Look, dangle, hug, drop. I did this until I finally got to the ground. Kadan was swaying dizzily.

I ran out to him. "Kaykay!" I yelled. His dizziness vanished as he looked at me in complete and utter horror.

"Damn it, Aamori!" he cursed. I stepped back, shocked. He looked above me, more fear in his eyes. Before I had the chance to see what he was looking at, I picked up roughly. I saw the black dagger fly past my eyes, the beautiful, terrifying dagger. It was at my throat.