Chapter Fifteen

A month later I was slipping into a strapless knee-length homecoming dress. It had a large dark pink strip around the waist that had a bow a bit to the side and there was a white flower made of silk with a diamond (though I'm not sure if it was real or fake) in the middle of the bow. My shoes were a matching pink color and almost like a high-heeled sandal. "So how do I look?" I stared at Kit and Kadan expectantly. Kadan grumbled a reply, not bothering to look.

Kit smiled warmly. "You look great."

"Thanks, for everything." I hugged him tightly. Kit had a job and it was all because of him that I had the dress and shoes. I wouldn't have been going had he not bought them with me. He even stuck through two hours of searching stores at a mall for the right dress. "And Kadan. Thanks for nothing." I smiled sarcastically at him. He turned to me, glaring for a split second until he studied me, the irritation vanishing. He looked shocked.

"You do look good..." he muttered approvingly. I dropped my head, hoping my hair would hide my blushing.

"Kadan. She looks more than good she looks amazing! Jake will love it," Kit winked at me when I finally looked back up. I ducked my head again in embarassment.

"Ass," Kadan grunted, getting up to start his car... actually it was still my mom's. He never bought a new one and never really needed to. If it ever broke down, he fixed it, or made me fix it, with magic. He tried to get me to conjure a dress the way he'd conjure what he needed to fix the car, but I refused. It seemed like cheating if my dress was free.

"See you at ten!" Kit yelled, reminding me when I had to be back.

The car jumped to life once he turned the keys, the whole thing humming in excitement. He floored the gas to start it. "Kadan!" I screamed, angrily. "Not! Funny!" I saw the corner of his mouth twitch upwards slightly as the car slowed down to slightly less dangerous speeds. He drove without incidents after that, but as we grew closer to the school, I noticed him clenching the wheel tighter and tighter as his knuckles slowly whitened. He stopped infront of the school. I could hear him gritting his teeth together.

"Aamori," he said before I got out of the car.

I stopped at looked at him. "Yeah?"

"Be careful." He looked at me with pleading eyes. I shut the door then, confused. What was there to be afraid of at a homecoming dance?

I spotted Jake standing by the school doorway in a white dress shirt and pink tie. I tried not to snicker at the fact that he was wearing pick as I walked up to him. He half-smiled at me, staring at me with appreciative eyes. I dipped my head down, blushing furiously. "Ready to go in?," he whispered in my ear. I jumped slightly backwards, not realizing he was so close. He looked amused at my reaction, waiting for an answer. I nodded.

Jake pulled me into the school, pausing only briefly to hand the man at the door our tickets, the tugged me toward the gym. The gym was filled with people dancing, most disturbingly. Music filled the large room as Take It Off blasted through the speakers. I tried to ignore the people rubbing against each other as if they were having sex with clothes on, or atleast tried to avoid getting sick from the sight. Jake held me close to him, shielding me from the sight and we swayed at a too slow speed that we kept through the whole dance. Lighted shapes danced on the walls patterns raced along the ceiling. Girls in thigh-length dresses ground against other girls or guys. A few people stood at the walls, watching the dancing and looking lonely. A peck on my cheek reminded me that I was with Jake.

"Wanna sit down?" he asked, somewhat breathlessly. His eyes danced with excitement.

"Umm... Sure." He led me out of the gym immediately after I answered and sat down on the nearest chair, pulling me onto his lap. I frowned at him. "Can't I sit in my own chair?"

"No," he answered, wrapping his arm around my waist tightly. He moved his other hand to run his fingers through my hair, gently tugging at it. My heart beat quickly when he brushed a few small hairs from my face. I could feel my thoughts muddle into some unintelligable mess. "You look so beautiful," he murmured, his lips brushing against my neck. My heart beat even faster.

A couple whistles came from behind me, making me snap out of my dreamy state. "Ohhh! Sexy!" someone yelled. My face heated up.

"Hey!" Jake yelled, looking annoyed, "Shut it!"

"Wh-what time is it?" I stumbled on my words.

"Nine-thirty." Was it really? It seemed like I had just gotten there at seven and suddenly it was two and a half hours later.

"Really?" I asked in a disbelieving voice.

"Yeah, see?" He showed me his watch.

I sighed. "I haveta head home then like... now."

"Alright," he said, leading me to his own car. It was a sleek shape, painted black with narrowed headlights. It actually looked relatively new. He unlocked the door and opened the passanger door to let me in. He quickly went around the front of the car and shoved the keys into the ignition. "One minute," he said, giving me a half-smile as he pulled out his phone.

I didn't have time to answer before he shut the driver's door and was standing outside, holding his phone to his ear. He was watching me, studying my face, as if he was looking for a reaction that I might have had. He looked nervous suddenly as he started talking. He was staring ahead blankly as he spoke. Jake stopped talking and I watched his face slowly tense and grow angry. He tore the small phone from his ear and ended the call, sliding into the car.

"What was that about?" I asked, hestitating at first, afraid he would get angry.

"Nothing," he grumbled, speeding out of the parking lot. "We're meeting Kadan at the mall, right?"

"Yup," I answered, confirming what we had previously agreed on because I didn't want Jake to know I was homeless.

He sighed, concern and worry flooding his face. "Okay."

Jake took out his phone again in the middle of the car ride. He was silent as he waited for it to be answered. "No," he said in a stern voice. "There better not be anyone there. I swear to God if something happens..." His tone changed to angry yelling. He waited again. "No! Get them to fucking leave! Because I fucking said so! Get them gone!" There was silence for a moment. "I told you to make them leave, so they better be gone! No! Call them off! Now, damnit!" It was pretty much that over and over again for about five minutes. The rest of the way to the mall, Jake was grumbling to himself  until we pulled into the mall's parking lot. He stopped the car in a secluded area far from the mall and turned to me. He had a weary look in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Aamori," he told me, looking sad.  

"For w-?" I started, only to be stopped by his lips on mine. I froze in shock, confused by the sudden change in mood.

He broke the kiss and pulled me closer to him. "I'm sorry." That was when I heard the loud knock on the window. I looked to see a figure of a man standing outside. I looked around, terrified at all the other figures that surrounded the car. Oh shit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yay! This chapter is two pages long! :D

This probably isn't my best story because everything that I put up on this story is only a first draft. I don't have time to really go over this or anything, unfortunately. If I wrote this on paper, then typed it up on the computer, it would take like... ten times longer. Pain. In. The. Butt. Not gonna do that with this story. Especially since so much of it is already on the computer. Anyway...

Peace out!