James

Hi, I'm 14 year old Lynn Kels,

I have light and short blue hair, hazel eyes, I'm five foot, and I'm usually in a fandom referenced shirt with jeans and Keds.

You should also picture me with glasses.

I'm super awkward, super introverted, super geeky, and I just really love to read.

I volunteer (as tribute) at the local library and bookstore.

I go straight to the bookstore every morning and if it's during the school year, right after school I'm at the library.

I love everything about books! The smell, the characters , the author, the pages!

Right down to the very.

Last.

Word.

I begin my day at 8:00am (it's summer, so I sleep in!), and I'm out the door and at the bookstore by 9:30.

"Hey Claire!" I wave to the owner, she's in her late twenties,  she's one of my best friends.

"Hey Lynn! Your book order arrived! Before you start having feels, let me be the first to say: HOW IS IT FREAKING POSSIBLE TO ORDER 46 BOOKS OFF OF AMAZON?! HOW DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH MONEY?! You're 14! What the dalek!"

"I earn it, I exist, so you know, birthdays, and I make it while you pay me, I try to refuse it, then you make me take it!"

"Gah! Here!" She hands me a heavy package, and then a knife to slice the tape.

I slice it open, and I count all the books.

All of them are there.

Claire goes back to working.

I sniff one of the insides of one.

I like the smell of new books. And old books.

And just books in general.

I whisper under my breath, "Perfect."

The bell on the door rings, so I set my package underneath the front desk, and pull one of the novels out of it.

"Hi, welcome to Brelling's Brilliant Books, can I help you find anything?" Claire asks the costumer. I look up from my collectors edition of The Hunger Games, to find possibly the most perfect looking human being ever. He looks about 15.

Dirty blonde hair, brown eyes, freckles, dimples, he's got it all.

Even the cuffed flannel rolled up to the elbows.

My only question is:

Why the frick is he in a bookstore?

"Um, no thank you," heck, he's even got an angelic voice.

His clothes are a bit odd though.

Black cuffed shirt, black jeans, black converse.

Goth maybe? No, he's too puppy-like.

Emo? No.

Maybe he's scene.

Nah.

Me and Claire exchange stupid glances through a bookshelf, even she picked up that he's hot. I finally gain the courage to speak up to him.

He's looking at The Fault In Our Stars.

OH MY GOSH, I'M HYPERVENTILATING ON THE INSIDE, GAH HE LIKES LOVE. HE LIKES LOVE. HE LIKES LOVE. HE. LIKES. LOVE.

Doesn't get any more attractive than this.

He skips to a few pages before the end.

I walk around the corner of the shelf.

"Have you read it before, or..." I say and then trail off.

He chuckles, "Yeah, you wouldn't know."

He looks up from the book, closes it shut with one hand, and points to my hair.

"Blue hair? In all my lifetime, I don't think I've ever met a chick who's had blue...hair."

I chuckle nervously, "Yeah, my names Lynn," I put my hand out to shake his. He takes it, and shakes it gently, all without breaking eye contact. He smiles, with perfect teeth.

"Hi, I'm James."