WHAT

I wake up with my normal morning routine.

It's a nice day, sunny, not too hot; at the same time, not necessarily cold.

As I head down to the bookstore, I see a bakery and decide to get a cookie for Claire.

When I enter Brelling's, Claire is putting a few copies of TFIOS in the window display, with a few boxes of tissues by them.

"Clever!" I say, chuckling as I enter.

"Yes, yes I am!" She says back.

I shake my head and smile.

"I got you a cookie!" I say.

"OOH! Give it to me."

She runs over and snatches the bakery packaging out of my hands.

I get to work, and clean the covers of the books.

The bell on the door rings.

"Ohhh, Ly-nn! I have arrived!" I hear James call out happily.

Claire smiles at me from over her desk, with a mouthful of cookie in her cheeks; she gives me a thumbs up.

I roll my eyes.

"Why are you so cheery?" I ask as I clear a space through the books on the middle shelf to look at him.

He's smiling, while holding a bouquet of wildflowers.

I move down the shelf, as does he with me.

"Who're those for? Do you have a hot date?" I tease.

"Well, it seems awfully haughty of you to call yourself hot, but yes," he replies back while picking up a book, flipping to the middle of it, and slamming it shut.

"James, are you asking me out?" I'm clueless.

"Sure, why not? You, my friend, have a school dance to attend. We are going inside a Wattpad fan fiction today!" He answers, as he runs around to my side of the shelf and stands next to me with his arms crossed, and a ridiculous smile on his face.

"Which one? Do I have to dress up?"

"It'd be nice if you did, and I don't even know. It's my day off, and I wanna have some fun!" He replies.

"Day off? Nice. So do I." I say.

"Um, Lynn, you're working right now..." he obviously points out.

"WHAT?! Really?! I hadn't noticed!" I exclaim sarcastically.

"Here watch this; HEY CLAIRE!?"

She comes from out back.

"Huh?" she asks.

"May I have the day off?" I ask.

She gets big eyes and presses her smiling lips together, extremely tight, while pointing at me and James with her fingers. It is literally the most ridiculous reaction to anything I have ever seen.

"Yes. Yes, you may," she finally answers.

James goes and rents a tuxedo, and I'm stuck trying to find something to wear.

I decide on a white high-low dress with a light-blue jeweled bodice, and some matching-blue flats.

I have just finished putting on light makeup, when I hear a knock on the door.

I open it, it's of course, James.

"Whoa," he says as he looks at me with big eyes.

"You clean up well, too." I say back.

"So, just a random fanfic?"

"Yep." He answers.

"Alright, let's go!"

We arrive in a split second, and we are about 30 feet from Isaac and Hazel snogging each other, at a prom.

This is uncomfortable. I don't like this fanfic a whole lot.

James grabs my hand and we exit the high school gym.

But I notice as we exit, everything is blank.

Like the gym is the only room that exists in this story.

"What? Why?" I ask James.

" Don't ask me. I haven't even figured it out, yet." He answers. He looks at his "watch" with a distant gaze.

"Are you okay? You look kind of...Dazed." I ask him.

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, we can only stay for one dance, then we have got to go," he says seriously.

We dance for a bit, then we have to go.

He drops me off at my house, and by the time I get back it's already 7:30pm. I get a shower, and I'm in bed by nine.

I stay up late and read some random Hunger Games fanfic.

I'm reading an AU one, where only one survives, for real this time.

It's told from Haymitch's POV.

It describes a gamemaker, much like someone I know.

They had just killed Katniss. I know it's fanfic, and I shouldn't be overreacting...but...

But it's James.

James killed Katniss.