34

It's gone.

You stop blinking, stop breathing, stop all general movement as your stomach drops to your toes. Yesterday, you had left one banana milk to fill you up for the next day. Today. But it's not there anymore.

The last of your delicious drink. It's gone.

And you know who took it. 

"Kim. Tae. Hyung." 

Lisa left with Jin this morning. And since the two of you have different tastes when it comes to beverages, and you didn't drink it, that leaves Kim Tae Hyung as the culprit. 

It had to be him.

You grind your teeth together and stomp for the living room. There you find the juice-stealer sitting on the couch, sipping on a drink that's not his. The noise from the movie playing deafens your footsteps and It's not until you grab a cushion and hit his head with it that he finally notices you. Taehyung crouches over and starts coughing from the impact. 

"Y/n." He says in surprise, oblivious and confused. He turns his head to see your face contoured with nothing but disappointment and says."What was that for?"

"That's for stealing my juice." You spite at him. It's weird though. You suddenly want to cry. You also have this urge to yank his hair off. It's just juice. But for some reason, it holds a sentimental value. You saved it last night so that you can enjoy it today.

But now it's gone and it's all because of him. 

Taehyung stares at the juice box in his hand before looking back at you. "I can buy you another one-"

"No need." You cut him off with an eye-roll. The nearest convenience store takes about ten minutes to get there from here. If you leave now, you might be able to return before the cookies in the oven burn into an oblivion. You grab your bag and Taehyung jumps up from the couch. 

"Hey, where are you going?"

"The store."

"I'll come with you." Taehyung switches off the tv screen and shakes his couch-head in a way that makes his hair sway back and forth. 

"No, you're not." You tell him immediately. "I need you to watch the oven."

You also want to return to a house that's still standing and in one piece. Not a pile of ashes. 

"You think that'll stop me? I'm not letting you go by yourself. "

You open your mouth to speak but he beats you to it. "Don't make me repeat my words, Y/n. Now wait here. I'll go turn off the oven."

In the end, you gave in. But the situation with you 'hitting him with a cushion' made you internally question yourself. 

Why on earth did I do that?

Ten minutes later and you find yourself strolling around the snack isle. You're suddenly craving for something high-carb. Sweet foods. Like chocolate. And lots of them.

Taehyung's silently walking beside you, plainly watching. Judging by his face, it doesn't look like he's mad at you for hitting him out of the blue.

Today he's dressed in a white shirt and black jeans, his sweatshirt circling his waist.

You scan the prices of the chocolates and instantly blanch from the digits. If you add those, plus the ones already sitting in your basket, by the end of next week you won't have any money to spend on anything. And you're still planning to purchase your favorite drink as well. 

After pausing for a minute, you let out a defeated sigh and reach for two of the six inch chocolate bars. You can always ask Lisa to give you your salary in advance anyway. 

So far you've gathered two bags of chips, Cheetos, one sour cream flavored Pringles, and two chocolates. Now all that's left is your drink. 

"What are you looking for?" For the first time since you stepped foot in here, Taehyung speaks. 

"I'm looking for the same thing you drank." Is your respond, dragging your eyes through the labels of bottled drinks. It's not in this section. Perhaps at the next one. As you take a step forward, Taehyung suddenly wraps his arms around your waist and pulls you back. 

Your spine tenses. 

And since he's so close, you can practically feel his hot breath fanning the side of your face when he chuckles. "Relax, Y/n." 

Then he pulls away. You sense a distinct cloth hanging around your body as the boy steps away to continue the hunt for you. You look down.

Taehyung tied his sweatshirt around your waist. For the next couple of seconds, confusion fills you to the brim. 

Then it clicks in. The reason why you've been moody since this morning. The reason why you basically wanted to cry like an idiot when Taehyung drank your juice-

Oh crap.

Embarrassment flooding you, you debate whether or not to go back to Taehyung or just go straight home to let this awkwardness disperse while you lay in bed. Why didn't you realize this sooner? At this moment, going home seem to be the only logical solution. 

No, It isn't. You tell yourself. You're not going home. 

At least not yet. If you leave now, it'll open opportunities for Taehyung to tease you. You know this since he's done it way too many times in the past too. And something tells you that, that habit hasn't changed. 

You're gonna face this situation with your chin up. Don't show him any reactions, Y/n. It should take about two to five minutes to get your drinks, some pads, pay for them and leave. 

Easy peasy.

"I think they ran out of stocks." Taehyung says by the time you're standing by his side. "It's the yellow one right? What's it called again?"

You clear your throat. "Banana milk."

"Banana milk." Taehyung repeats under his breath, leaning in to survey the bottles. "Interesting."

"What is?"

"Oh, nothing. You just look extra cute today. " He then turns to you with a smile that isn't a smile, and slowly takes the basket away from your hand. "Don't tempt me."