Chapter Two: Please

I ran into the hotel room, my hair dripping wet, Steve trailing behind me. I was still at a loss for words. 

Everything was piling on. The run home made me more and more anxious. I couldn't push the thoughts away any longer. My talk with Natasha had only made things worse. She was right, I needed to tell him. But, I couldn't. I was such a coward. It was making me more and more angry. 

My hand was shaking as I walked in the hotel room, the metal one always stable. Which only made me angrier. As soon as I got in the room I tried tearing it off my arm. 

Steve ran over beside me, helping me with it. 

"I got it!" I yelled, the tears coming freely now. As if they had a mind of their own. 

Steve backed off and I instantly felt a pang of guilt. But it didn't stop the fury rolling through me. I couldn't control it. There was nothing in my control. 

I let out a gasp as I ripped the arm off, the metal tore at my skin a little since I didn't take my time. 

"Mo-" Steve started, instantly reaching out for me. 

I backed off, feeling terrible as I shook my head at him. The sobs erupted from me like I was a volcano. 

"You shouldn't be so nice to me!" I shouted, the words shaking as I spoke. I was visibly out of control. My good hand was glowing blue as the emotions made their way through me. Leaving a path of destruction. 

"I'm going to ruin everything like I always do!" I screamed at him, reaching for a towel to stop the bleeding where the arm tore at my skin. 

My eyes then shot open, I looked around wildly. The dark room feeling like it was entrapping me in its grasp. I bolted out of the bed, feeling like I couldn't breathe. 

I ran out the motel door, not grabbing a coat before doing so. I ran out into the hallway not looking where I was going, I bumped into someone, wincing as my armless shoulder smacked into them. 

I muttered a quick apology before sprinting to the lobby, I saw there was no one around and quickly teleported outside, leaning against a random car. 

My breathes were coming in short quick rasps, air couldn't reach my lungs quick enough. I felt light headed as my knees gave out and I slid towards the ground. 

I heard my name being called and saw Steve round the corner. I saw how frantic he looked but it was as if the words got stuck in my mouth. But, Steve saw me quickly, his eyes now filled with worry as he sprinted towards me. 

"Mo, are you okay?" Steve asked wildly,  I only shook my head in response, words still unable to leave my mouth. 

He scooped me up in his arms and all I could do was bury my head into his chest, quiet sobs erupting as the nightmare still replayed itself in my head. I held on tight as he took us back to the motel. 

As soon as we were in our hallway, I teleported us right to our door, not wanting to endure the walk anymore. 

I watched as Steve let out a surprised sigh as we whooshed through the air and reappeared in from of the door. But, he recovered quickly and took us both inside. 

He laid me down on the bed, pulling the covers over me. 

I listened as his phone rang and he answered quietly. 

"She's fine, I found her," he whispered into the phone. I knew he was probably talking to Nat. 

"Yeah, go back to bed. We'll be fine," Steve assured her.