Chapter Thirteen: This Is It

I continued to watch from the ground, the device wouldn't let me move. Steve and Glaive were meeting each other hit for hit. I held my breathe as Steve ducked just in time to miss his staff swinging over his head.

"Vision," I muttered.

He made eye contact with me, nodding at me. While the two were fighting Vision army crawled towards me as best he could. I knew he was in pain, holding his side the entire time he moved.

I prayed for him to hurry, my anxiety taking over as Glaive and Steve continued to fight.

I felt better when I saw Steve knock Glaive's weapon out of his hand. But it was quickly replaced with panic as Glaive grabbed Steve's arm and sent him flying towards the ground. I gasped as I tried to move when Steve hit a tree trunk on his way down.

Vision was beside me just in time. As soon as he snatched the device off of me I forced the spear Glaive had been using into my hands. I moved as quick as I could, stabbing Glaive in the back as he was choking Steve. I forced the spear deeper into his chest, trying to get him off of Steve.

I cast him to the side, looking down to make sure Steve was okay.

"Oh my god," I said breathlessly. I went to fall, the aftermath of the electric shock not completely gone.

Steve caught me as I went to fall.

"You shouldn't have come out here by yourself," he said, kissing my forehead.

"I wasn't alone, I had Vision," I said, nodding at Vision, who was slumped against a fallen tree.

"And I thought I told you to go," Steve said to Vision.

"Then who would have gotten your wife out of trouble?" Vision asked, his own voice sounding tired.

"Besides, we don't trade lives Captain," I told him, looking into his eyes as I said it. Steve nodded his head, understanding. We felt like one again. Like whatever happened between us, the fight we had, it didn't matter anymore. We had each other. We always did.

"Thank you for that," Steve said to Vision. "I wouldn't know what to do without her."

"We know," Vision said, a small smile on his face.

Soon after, Wanda flew in.

"Are you okay?" she asked Vision.

Before he could respond his stone lit up, he groaned as it did.

"What? What is it?" Wanda asked.

I felt a chill in the air. I knew what it was. I shiver ran up my spine. I tried to steel myself for what was coming.

"He's here."

~A/n short chapter but it is setting up for the next one!

QOTC: Who is terrified for Endgame? I know I am!

As always if you enjoyed please leave a vote or comment! I love seeing it!