Chapter Sixteen: Oh God

Suddenly I felt the air back in my lungs. I sat up gasping for air. My heart was racing, I looked down and saw my metal arm in its usual place. What the hell?

It was as if time went backwards.

Then I scrambled trying to find Steve. I looked around, I was in the thick part of the trees. I had no idea how I ended up here. Maybe where Thanos had thrown me.

"Steve...?" I heard Bucky ask. I still couldn't see them. Steve must have been right there. I scrambled to my feet, running through the trees. 

"Bucky..." I said, calling out. But I became panicked when I couldn't reach out and find his mind. It was now one of the easiest ones for me to pick out. Why couldn't I hear him? I ran faster, trying to get through all the trees. Why couldn't I find his mind? He sounded like he was right there... Right beyond the trees. If only I could get to him. Why couldn't I hear him? 

That's when I really panicked. 

Steve's POV

I sat up, suddenly aware I was alive. I looked all around, Morgan was nowhere to be found. I got to my feet quickly, sprinting to where I heard noise. I saw Thor standing there, looking phased.  This instantly made me worried, I can't remember a time I saw Thor's face look so lost. 

"Where'd he go?" I asked, trying to find Thanos.

"Thor?" I asked. "Where'd he go?"

"Steve...?" Bucky said, I turned and looked at him. It was like I was snapped back to reality. Then I watched in horror as he turned into dust. In just a matter of seconds he was gone, blowing in the wind. He was gone. I didn't even have a chance to say good bye. 

I knelt down, looking at Thor in disbelief of what just happened.

"Where'd he go?" I asked in disbelief. Thanos cause this and he isn't even here.  Suddenly it dawned on me.

"Morgan!" I yelled frantically. I turned trying to find her, almost tripping on my feet as I yelled out for my wife. 

There was nothing... I couldn't hear a thing. I was waiting for her to call out my name. 

"Morgan!" I shouted, running further. "Morgan!" 

Then suddenly, I heard her. 

"Steve!" I heard her shout back, her voice comforting me. She came bounding out of the trees. She looked to be in one piece. "Steve!"

She came sprinting at me, I opened my arms and grabbed her tight. She had never felt so real in my arms. She jumped into my arms, we embraced as if this could be the last moment we had. It was like I was waiting for her to disappear. 

"What is happening?" she asked, her voice so low only I could hear it.  "I can't find Bucky's mind." 

"I don't know, it's going to be okay," I whispered over and over, smoothing her hair as I did. I was trying to comfort her. Trying to comfort myself. "You don't have to search. It'll be okay." 

Tears were rolling down her face. 

"I can't find Sam's or Wanda's! What's going on?" she asked again, I could feel her shaking. She knew the answer. 

"We have to see who's left," I told her, trying to keep her moving. I was trying to keep us moving. 

"You're right," she said, pulling away, nodding her head. She looked into my eyes as if she was trying to  make sure I was real. "I'm here." 

She shook her head, and we went running for where we could hear a group. War Rhodey, Rocket, and Bruce were there looking at something. It took a second for me to see that it was Vision. He was completely colorless, with a huge hole in his head. 

I knelt down beside him, realizing what happened fully. Natasha came sprinting up to us, she almost tackled Morgan in a hug. The two embraced, not letting go for a moment. 

"What the hell is this? What's happening?" Rhodey asked. 

It was like I instantly knew what happened. 

"Oh god." 

~A/N Thank you all for your support! You all are amazing! 

QOTC: Who's seen Endgame? Are you ready for the final book? 

Please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!~