Chapter Eleven: War

"On my signal, open North-West section 17," T'Challa commanded into his earpiece. "On my signal." 

I could hear M'baku and Okoye over on the side. 

"This will be the end of Wakanda." 

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." 

I suddenly felt such gratitude towards them and their country. They were sacrificing everything to help save the world. 

"Are you ready?" Steve asked, looking down at me, getting his shield ready. 

"As ready as one can be for the end of the world," I replied, letting my hands glow as I knew as soon as the barrier opened hell would be breaking loose. 

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa shouted. 

Everyone went running towards where the monsters were piling in. I knew Steve and T'Challa would run out ahead, and I sure as hell wouldn't get left behind. I teleported out in front, knowing Steve would hate it. But, I wouldn't stand in the back. 

I teleported out of the way as one of the outriders went to grab me. I teleported behind it and blasted it from behind. The thing went flying. I did this several times to others, using my metal arm to knock down the ones who came to close for comfort. 

I couldn't get inside their heads at all, which frustrated me. But, I could force their insides inside out. I forced several into the air and let them drop from unimaginable heights. 

I watched as Steve fought through his own, I felt more panic as I looked forward and saw just how many more there were. 

It was like a moment of fate as I finished off another, just as Steve did, and we both made eye contact across the field. Both our expressions contained worry and fear. It felt like the world stopped for a moment. But, reality was quick to come again. One of the outriders pounced on me. I let out a scream as their claw ripped a whole in the leg of my suit. 

I charged up my metal arm with an energy blast and hit them with it. I looked up to see Steve trying to fight his way through a sea of them to get to me. 

"I'm okay," I sent in a brain message to him. I didn't need him worried about me, not in a moment like this. 

Then, more continued to pore in. I was surrounded, trying to fight them off. I blasted but suddenly there was a mountain of them on me. I looked trying to find Steve, who was now getting trampled in his own mountain of outriders. 

"Steve!" I screamed. I could tell he was trying to fight his way out of them to me, but before long I was under so many I could no longer see. I could no longer teleport out from under them. 

My scream became muffled. 

Steve's POV

My heart seized as I saw them over take Morgan. My wife was down in an instant. My world stopped and I instantly fought my way over towards her. 

But, they began grabbing my legs, pulling me under them. There were so many, they overtook me before I could do  anything about it. 

I prayed that she somehow got out of there. 

My mind raced, how could I have gotten so mad with her? What if her head hasn't been in this from the beginning because of what has been going on with us? We're a team and I didn't act like we were one. 

I heard her scream my name, I tried kicking them off of me, but it didn't help. I had to get back to her. I just had to make things right. 

~A/N Here's a new chapter just because you all are awesome and I had some extra time!

QOTC: What did you think? 

Please a leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed!~