Chapter Four: We Will

I reached my mind out to try and hear where they were. Natasha had locked onto her coordinates and I knew they would be close.

 I found Wanda's mind, I felt panic and fear as I entered. I could tell she was truly scared.

"Steve we NEED to hurry," I said frantically, running out of the plane as I lead the way. When I entered her mind I saw a train station. She and Vision hurtled through the roof. My adrenaline pushed me to run faster as I watched the two aliens follow them, crashing through the roof themselves. 

"Sam, you and Nat go to the South entrance and me and Morgan will take the North, wait for our signal. We don't know exactly what we're up against here," Steve said, the familiar Captain America voice taking over. I smiled in spite of everything and knew we would all be safe with him. 

"I'm worried Steve, Wanda is strong and they're giving it to her," I whispered as we continued to run for our entrance. Trying to hurry as we made our way to the train station. It was eerily quiet as we entered. 

We used the shadows to our advantage, both our dark suits helping keep us concealed as we made our way to the train tracks. 

I saw the aliens stand in front of Wanda. I could tell she was out of energy, but she stood up anyways, her hands glowing red. 

We went sprinting for her, then a train went whizzing by. I felt my cropped hair whip around me as we waited. Steve stood proud and ready. I nodded at him as we still were immersed in the shadow. I felt my anxiety subside as I grew ready for the fight. 

The train finished and I felt my heart seize as the woman threw her triton at Steve. But, he caught it effortlessly. I felt myself let out a sigh of relief. I watched as the woman took a step back in disbelief. 

We both walked out of the shadows, the light illuminating us. I smiled at Wanda, letting her know we were now here for her. She looked relieved. 

Steve and I had them distracted, now was the time. 

"Now," I sent in a brain message to Natasha and Sam. 

Sam came flying in and rammed his feet into the woman, sending her flying. Glass broke as she was slammed into a small restaurant. Missiles blew everywhere as Sam launched his small rocket at the male. Natasha came sprinting and Steve threw her the Triton.

I teleported over to them, hitting him where Natasha didn't. I watched as she pierced him with the triton, I forced it in a little deeper with my powers. I heard him groan loudly as she smirked at him. 

I forced it out of him and she did a flip out of the way as I sent a blue energy ball into his chest, sending him into a bench behind us. 

I was turned around, almost gloating. But I didn't see the triton be forced out of Nat's hand and into the female's hands. I turned just in time to see her about to pierce me with it. But, Steve rolled in just in time. He grabbed a metal staff on the ground and blocked the blow. I felt relief wash over me as he saved me once more. 

He pushed against her and flipped her triton up, as he went to hit her she flipped around over to where Nat and I were. I ducked as she tried hitting me with it, I rolled out of the way as Nat continued blocking and hitting her with her own staff. She and Steve were matching her blow for blow and I used this opportunity to blast her. 

She rolled backwards, then crawled over to her wounded partner. She stood over him defensively. 

Sam trained his guns at the two and I let my hands glow, showing I wasn't afraid to use my powers. 

"We don't want to kill you," Natasha told them.

"But we will," I threatened. 

"You'll never get the chance again," she warned, her voice grave as she told us. Then she hit something on her wrist pad and a portal glowed around them. 

They were teleported out of our sight before we could stop them. The triton Steve was still holding onto went flying up with them. 

"What the hell was that?" I yelled, still stunned over what just transpired.

"They were coming for the stone," Wanda spoke up, lowering herself to the ground beside Vision. 

I could tell he was hurt right away, now making sense why he didn't join the fight. Steve and I made eye contact quickly, knowing whoever was after the stone wouldn't quit after one fight.

"We need to leave," I said quickly, ushering everyone out of the train station. "We want to be gone in case they come back." 

The group rushed out of the station, Wanda and I supporting Vision as we walked back. As soon as I saw the plan I teleported us to it,  not wanting to make Vision walk more than he had to in this state. 

After everyone was situated in the jet Steve and I huddled together quietly, not wanting to completely alert the others.

"What should we do?" I muttered quietly, looking at the front of the ship. Both Nat and Sam were distracted with getting the jet going. Then, Wanda and Vision were huddled together, trying to make sure he was okay.

"I don't even know what those things were," Steve said. 

"Well before they left, I got a peak in the woman's brain. I didn't get much, she blocked me out pretty quickly, but I do know they'll be back. They had some sort of plan," I told him, twisting my ring. "I couldn't make out what it was, but at least we know they didn't give up. We have that." 

"Where to Cap?" Sam asked from the front, momentarily interrupting us.

Steve looked at me for a moment before deciding. 

"Home." 

~A/N Hey everyone! Got a new update for you! Hope you all like it! 

QOTC: Are there any other types of books you all would be interested in? An Avengers Imagine? Game of Thrones Fanfcition? I am wanting to dabble in some other stories, while still doing this of course, but would love some opinions! 

You all rock! Thank you for reading this far! Please leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed it. It makes my day seeing both!~