Chapter Three: Not A Good Feeling

The jet was flying through the air quickly. I could tell Natasha was getting more and more anxious as time went on. We still hadn't heard anything from Wanda, so all of our nerves were on end. 

It wasn't like her to not say a single thing to us.

"I don't have a good feeling about this," I told the group, all three turned and looked at me. 

"What do you mean?" Natasha asked me, her eyes searching mine for an answer.

"You were right back there, about it not being like Wanda to at least not respond with something. I don't know, I'm on edge right now," I responded. "There is something bigger going on, I can't put my finger on it, but I can feel it."

"Well that was very creepy," Sam muttered. I let out a small laugh, trying to make light of the situation. 

"We all know I'm not the most reliable communicator, it could just be all in my head," I responded carelessly. I didn't want to worry them unnecessarily. But, I knew what I felt in my gut. 

Steve made eye contact with me, I knew he trusted my opinion. He could see it in my eyes there was something wrong. 

"Trust me," I sent in a brain message. "There's something bigger at play here. It's like the universe is telling me." 

"What do you think it is?" he responded, eyes not leaving mine. 

"I don't know, but I think it's something big," I replied, but I glanced over towards Natasha and Sam. "I don't want to get them worked up if it's nothing, but Steve I can just feel it. It's like once were in motion for this plan, all the hairs on my neck stood up. I could feel every flight instinct in me telling me to run the other way." 

Steve barely nodded, something only someone paying close attention would see. He didn't want the other two know we were communicating. 

"We need to watch our backs then," he said back. 

"Definitely," I told him. 

I began twisting my ring around and around my finger, a habit I still couldn't shake. The metal arm felt cool against my hand every time it made contact. 

I felt like we couldn't to Wanda quick enough. I knew she had Vision with her, but if it was truly something bad maybe even he couldn't protect her. There was an anxious energy in the plane as it continued to pierce through the air. 

Steve came over and sat by me, his hand instantly finding mine. I looked up at him, knowing I would have to face the truth sooner or later. But, if I could avoid it a little longer that's what I would do. 

He lowered his voice down to a whisper. "Are you okay? You haven't seemed yourself lately Mo."

My heart seized at this. I hated the divide I was putting between us. I knew it was hurting us, and I knew it was my fault. 

"I know, it'll make sense once we talk," I told him, not quite meeting his eyes, but squeezing his hand. "I want to tell you, really I do. But, once it's out I can't take it back. I want to live in this for a little longer." 

I grabbed his face in my hands and gave him a kiss, feeling like whatever happened I could always have these memories. 

"You won't loose me," he tried assuring me. "You haven't run me off yet." 

I laughed a little at this, although it was not my usual happy laugh. "I hope you're right."

"If it's this serious we need to talk about it now," Steve said, his eyes worried. I could tell he was anxious for me to tell him. 

"I will, when we're alone," I said, glancing towards Natasha and Sam. I didn't want to drop this bomb shell with an audience. It was something that would rock our worlds and we didn't need onlookers. 

"Promise?" he asked, hopeful now. 

"I promise," I whispered. I felt like my insides were going to cave in as I knew the truth would now catch up with me. 

But there was not much time to linger. 

We've arrived. 

~A/N Hey everyone! Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be longer I promise! This was kind of a filler building up for the next one. 

QOTC: How is every one doing today? 

Once again thank you so much for reading and your support! You all rock! Please remember to vote or comment any thoughts, I love seeing them! ~