(Patton X Reader) Understanding Love

Little do you know
How I'm breaking while you fall asleep
Little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories
Little do you know
I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece
Little do you know
I need a little more time

Blankly thinking to myself, without checking to see if I locked my front door, I had meekly dashed up the stairs to my room. Hot, crystal tears streamed from my glossy eyes, warming my cheeks as more tears dried. "Why can't Patton be honest with me..?" softly, I whispered to myself, allowing my hair to fall in my face, getting caught in more tears.

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside
I've been holding back for the fear that you might change your mind
I'm ready to forgive you but forgetting is a harder fight
Little do you know
I need a little more time

If I'm showing complete honesty, I love Patton to pieces.. Adorable, almond brown eyes, bright smile, enthusiasm.. Everything about him was lovely. But deep down, I know he lies about his happiness, lies about his cheer, lies about getting enough sleep, and he lies about never crying. Mesmerizing photos of Thomas, his Sides, and myself, I got lost in Patton's eyes, tears blurring my vision. "He doesn't love me.. Why would he..?" I croaked, imagining him rejecting me like all of the others. So I never confess. Ever.

I'll wait, I'll wait
I love you like you've never felt the pain
I'll wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid
I'll wait
The love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me

Staring flatley at the wall, Patton's glasses reflected light from his mini, light blue lamp, surrounding his room with a dim flash of light. Knowing that he should open up to me, he also considered that possibly, it could be the time to confess his love. Surprisingly, morality loved me more than anything, and knew he hurt me... It shattered him.

Little do you know
I know you're hurting while I'm sound asleep
Little do you know
All my mistakes are slowly drowning me
Little do you know
I'm trying to make it better piece by piece
Little do you know I
I love you till the sun dies

Now allowing tears fall down his cheeks, letting trails dry behind them, Patton's attention was suddenly focused on a dreamcatcher on his wall that you had made for him. Slowly, his warm hands gently trailed down the soft feathers added to it. "I am morality. I need to be honest with my feelings.." whispering sweetly, Patton exited his room, closing the door behind him. Not caring if the other Sides laid eyes upon his red cheeks, he rushed down the stairs and grabbed the keys, leaving the house and starting to drive to my house once getting inside of the car.

I'll wait, I'll wait
I love you like you've never felt the pain
I'll wait
I promise you don't have to be afraid
I'll wait
The love is here and here to stay
So lay your head on me
Lay your head on me
So lay your head on me

Bitterly, I had snatched a razor just then, slowly forcing my courage to raise up before pressing against the walls of my skin. Extremely silent footsteps could be heard coming from outside of my bedroom, supposedly near the stairs. Shock and horror was plastered on my face as tears streamed down, and every detail of my sobbing could be seen by Patton, mirroring my expression.

Cause little do you know
I, I love you till the sun dies

Embracing me into a warm hug, Patton threw the razor away from the both of us.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N).." puppy eyes were visible as his almond eyes crinkled, tears still forming. "Please, don't hurt yourself.. I love you." voice drifting me into a tiny trance, his soft hands traced down my hair.

Lightly crying into his shoulder, an apologetic smile sprawled across my face. "It's okay, Patt.. I'm sorry, too.." I sniffed, interrupting my light sob.

Leaning forward a bit more by the second, our minds no longer clouded, our soft lips met and we kissed each other passionately, crimson tints on our faces.