(Patton X Reader) I'm a Monster

You see, Patton and I have been in a bit of a fight.. It all started a while back when we faced his emotional problems. Sadly, I am not very good with emotions, so we tend to nitpick about that a lot.

As Patton and I have our arguments, they start to worsen, grow onto the both of us more each insulting word we throw at each other, never biting our tongues. Cowardly, he steps back from me, making me the bad guy.. The Sides have even been ignoring me each chance they get, pretending I'm not there, acting like I'm just a cold spot in the air. Although they know I'm there. They know it, I see it in their darkened eyes.

Logan no longer corrects me, holding his book to his face, no emotion showing whatsoever. Personality still confusing me, Deceit flatly points out that there's something there, not making a big deal out of it.. I'm not even sure with him. My best friend, or was: Roman. Catching on with the others, it seemed like he had no care, nothing struck any emotion to him that I did, even if it were a joke, or a cry for help. Sweet Thomas feels that I should be more included, but can't open his mouth and say so, not wanting to be the one to 'stand out' I presume. Anxiety as I call him, or Virgil, acts casual, stiffening around me. Knowing that l wouldn't want to be around his aura anyways, he walks past me, like I'm nothing but thin air that he can cut through.

This time it's all my fault.

I did something wrong.

This time it's not his fault.

Nothing he did was effective at all.

But I had to swing,

I had to lash out

And now I'll watch his throat bleed out.

Looking down at my shaking hands, I mesmerized his quiet sob, a meek cry for help. Eyes dull, looking down at his chest, blood trickled down Patton's sky blue polo shirt, staining it with thick blood mixed with tears. Sobbing, pain coursing through every vein in his body, Patton clutched the bloody knife in his chest, ripping it out, letting a faint cough whisp through his lips, and continuing to sob.

"Why... Why..?" Patton croaked, not capable of saying anything else.

Choking tears, I hugged him, not caring if his blood covered my clothes. "Patton, I'm sorry!.. I'm so, so.." trailing off, I was cut off by my sobs.

Face colour pale, expression nearly lifeless, he leaned in and pressed his cold lips against mine, a sign that he forgave me, and only wanted the best. For me. And we pulled away seconds later. Coughing up blood, Patton had his last kiss and closed his eyes shut, never to open them again.

Screaming, sobbing, I croaked into his chest, wishing I had been stabbed. "Patton, please! No, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!.." repeatedly, I whispered 'sorry' into his soft hair while I held his head up to my face, holding him in my arms while I sat on the floor, eyeing the blood staining his carpet.

...

The Sides found out after Thomas had lost any state of emotion, anything. Logan had entered the room first, being in lead, hoping not to see what he thought would be the worst; death. But he did. They all did.

"I love you." I whispered softly.