(Deceit X Criminal!Reader) Take Me Out To Dinner First.

Logan flicked the television on before I could grab the remote, or before Patton could for that matter. I didn't do anything about it though, obviously, since I knew Logic would always throw on some stupid news channel or something. But this time, and probably only this time, I was kind of curious since I did hear police sirens going off last night when they woke me up. I sleep on the couch just in case.

"We can find out what happened last night," Logan said flatly, looking to me and then talking to Patton. "Then you can watch.. Whatever it is you watch."

"SPONGEBOB!" Patton interjected, to which Logan rolled his eyes dramatically.

I nodded slowly, Logan becoming nothing but a simple person, speck for that matter, standing in the corner of my sight. I know, I'm rude. He's used to it.

Nothing was happening on the news and I was about to fake a yawn, but without warning a swift notice popped up for some random crime. I was vividly imagining what would've happened in action while the news reporter did her job, filling us in about how someone had gotten away with stealing over two thousand dollars last night!

"Last night at nearly eleven thirty, this bank was robbed"—she pointed out the bank shadowing behind her—"and on the security cameras, the police department could only make out the look of a female with (h/l), (h/c) hair. She stole over two thousand dollars.

"Seventeen-year-old Eric Warner witnessed the bank robbery. Why hadn't you contacted the police immediately, Eric?" the lady asked, holding her microphone up for 'Eric Warner.'

He said. "I was in a state of shock once she pointed her pistol at me and threatened to shoot at me if I reached for any of my pockets. She then broke into this window."

The reporter raised an eyebrow. "Wasn't the alarm set off?"

"No. She had chosen a specific window that didn't have the wiring connected just yet, because that frame had been replaced."

I sat up right and glanced at the corner of the television so that I could see the broken window.

"Thank you, Eric." she explained, nodding her head at him in acknowledgment.

The screen to the television flashed to the blackness. But my reflexes weren't as sharp, it took me a few seconds to realize.

"The news is so exciting, Logan." I lied.

He huffed. "Better than silly cartoons."

I had no comeback to that. I don't come up with those as well as Virgil and Roman do.

"I don't want to meet this criminal." I lied again.

Logic's face paled. "Don't meet up with criminals, Deceit. That's the last thing you need to do, be inspired by a criminal." his jaw tightened when I said that. He must be serious, I guess.

Virgil ghosted next to me, finishing a yawn. "Did I miss the news?" he looked tired, it traced in his voice, too.

"Yep." Patton smiled.

"Damn. Someone has to fill me in." he replied, surprisingly not sarcastic.

Creek . . . My eyelids shot open and I sprang to my feet.

"Virgil?" I asked, my voice a whisper. No answer.

Sighing heavily, I strided out of my room, walking through the hallway and down the stairs. "It's three in the morning." I said flatly, looking around for any of the Sides. Suicides, heh, okay.

Well, I'm up now and grumbling. May as well take a quick walk to tire myself out, right? I grabbed a hoodie or whatever, as long as it isn't Patton's cat hoodie then I'm good. The door opened without a peep, and I ghosted out, a brisk feeling of air clashing onto me. Why am I doing this.

By now I was about three blocks away from the house, thinking maybe I should go back now... Unless I want to sleep on a park bench. I sat down and finally relaxed, for five seconds. A rustle in the bushes behind me sounded awfully strange and I pounced, turning on my heel to examine the shrub a little bit. Before I could react, I was pinned to the floor by someone dressed in black. Instinctively, I recoiled and wrapped my arms around them to pin them to the ground successfully. They squirmed, trying to free themself. It was so dark, I couldn't see anything and it didn't help that they were dressed in all black.

I heard a click.

"Get your hands off me," she growled, trying to sound as aggressive as possible. I identified her as a female. "Or I'll shoot."

The lady was still pinned to the ground, but I grasped her hands and locked her up. I made her stand. "I wish I brought handcuffs." I mumbled, knocking the gun out of her hand. She tried to make a run for it, but I wouldn't allow that.

But then she tried something else. "Geez, at least take me out to dinner before you get all grabby!"

I chuckled. "A date with a criminal doesn't sound bad," I lied. "Even if they did rob a bank last night."

She growled. I must've been right.

"Oh, that was you?" I asked, curious. "Well, I know I'm not supposed to hit girls, but. . ."

"Wh--?!" she started, but I snatched her gun swiftly, hitting her over the head. Now she was limp and I caught her before she fell.

"Did not think that would work." I said proudly, a smile in my voice.

I slipped her hood off, revealing (h/l), (h/c) hair, her eyes were still closed. I'll remember not to wack her so hard next time.

"Out of all places," Logan started, sighing. "You brought her here."

"It was three in the morning, fam." I snarled.

Logan shook his head, displeased.

"She was pointing a gun at me!"

I was taken aback by Logan's expression, his eyes were cold. "Which is exactly why she should have been taken to the poli—!"

"Hey!" the lady spoke, finally. "Someone better untie me or, I'll...," she paused, her eyes grazing over her surroundings. "Where's my gun?"

"Oh, I took it," I could sense the smile in my voice. "I didn't want you to be the only one having the fun."

Logan stomped back a foot. "You sound like a criminal, Deceit," he said, making an order. "You are going to turn her in."

She smiled innocently, a drawing feeling as her (e/c) irises sparkle into an anime.

I mentally sighed, knowing I'd regret this. "You wanna bet?"

"So, this is your first time robbing a place?" she asked, giving a too-cool attitude.

I nodded slowly. "What's your name?"

"You'll throw me in jail!"

"What is your name?" I pressed, spacing the words away from each other just enough.

She gave in, groaning. "(Y/N)."

"Mm," I murmured. "It suits you, I guess."

"Thanks, I guess."

A strange pause that I was never used to wrapped itself around us, like a snake. The silence gave me an uncomforting feeling, knowing that nobody else was here. No Roman, Virgil, Logan, Patton, Thomas... Just myself and (Y/N). The gap of quiet stretched like a rubber band, waiting to snap. I couldn't tell if time moved slowly or swiftly, it was all a blur to me. It seemed to be a lot like that when I was around her, huh?

I broke the awkward closer of anonymous silence. "What you said earlier..." I thought allowed.

"Yeah?" she asked, tilting her head as we walked down a store isle.

Damn. "Well," I knew I was gonna regret this. "When you said 'take me out to dinner before you get all grabby.' Why did you say that?" Oh my God.

"Because...," she blinked slowly, not functioning properly on the announcement to my subtle question. "I could see you in the darkness and it's strange when you see a human snake slithering around." she blushed.

"I'll believe it." I lied.

(A/N): SORRY! I'm sorry this one's short but I'm writing part twoooo~