(Virgil X Abused!Reader Part One) I'm Feeling Anxious.

"Don't hurt me..," I pleaded, no matter how hard I tried to flatten out my voice, it sounds like a high plea. "Dad, please..."

"I'm sorry, I really am," he said untruthfully, slapping my with his leather belt. "But you have to pay the pride for your mistakes."

I curled up and caught my tears before they could spill, but they threatened. "Please! I'm sorry!" I choked, my throat was dry and it hurt. "I... I..."

"You what?" my father pressed, pausing before he slapped me across the cheek with his belt hard. "Speak."

"I just wanted to spend some spare time with my friend..," I swallowed a big lump in my throat and held my arms up in a weak defensive position. "I thought today was my free day.."

"You thought wrong." he spat, and started pounding at me with the belt till I passed out. Hell, he probably still hit me at least once more even then.

....

My conscience was given back to me by an angel. Never mind, probably Satan. I forced myself not to tear up, to curl in a little ball, to open my eyes. But my eyelids twitch once. I had no idea what time it was, so maybe if I prayed hard enough that my father was asleep, I could sneak out. Forcefully, one eye snapped open cautiously. If I was going to get to Reece's house, I'd have to do something about these marks on my face, or maybe I should leave them... I could hear my dad snoring in the other room, and before I knew it, I dashed out the door as soon as I got the chance. My (e/c) eyes watered as I zoomed through this fog of wind to Reece's house.

I bumped into someone and we both fell backward.

My eyes leaked. "I-I'm sorry! Please d-don't hurt m-me..." I stuttered. This is what happens when you get abused on a daily basis, physically; you get trust issues and it hurts.

"Don't sweat it," the strange man smiled at me to the best of his capability. He seemed different. He seemed somewhat negative but positive..? His aura was confusing.

Again, I started walked past him and rubbing my eyes gently with my shirt sleeves. It was cold, I shuddered.

"Hey...," he continued and I paused to an abrupt stop. "Are you okay?.."

"I'm fine."

"And I'm Virgil, nice to meet you 'fine.'"

I choked, and started walking away one more time, desperate to get to Reece's. "I'm (Y/N)." I corrected.

The man must've stood up without me knowing, which was normal and I shouldn't have acted so, erm, scared. He opened his mouth to say something and I have no idea what, but he closed it after.

My fist pounded on his door only one knock before Reece opened it quietly. Ah, too-cool-Reece, thank goodness he's still up.

He analyzed me. "Hey, (Y/N)," he smiled, his voice obviously lined with worry. And then I knew it wasn't too-cool-Reece; it was my Reece. "You look beaten up.. Come inside."

Reluctantly, I walked inside slowly. My mind was still functioning everything and it was giving me headaches. Not to mention the terrible beatings that I get. Daily.

Reece pulled out a chair from his kitchen table for me and I sat down and waited for him to seat himself, too. "Now," he demanded in a not very intimidating voice. "Tell me what happened."

I sighed after he said that and got straight to the point. I knew I should've cleaned myself up. "Oh, Reece," I croaked. "I keep making mistakes!"

He awaited for me to continue in sheer silence, but it didn't feel awkward, it felt somewhat calming. His eyes were like a black flame of worry.

"M-my father hit me w-with his belt," I started. "A lot, and I passed out."