(Virgil X Reader Part One) You Don't Love Me, Do You..?

Your P.O.V

"Thomas, you know I can't sing!" I scoffed at a needy Thomas, his eyes pleading me to sing a certain Disney song from Tangled, At Last I see the light, I think.

Never giving up, Thomas' glossy puppy eyes pleaded more. "Come on (Y/N)! The Sides and I would love it!" cupping his hands together, Thomas basically begged me.

Groaning, I hesitated before accepting. In all honesty, I wasn't keen on the idea of singing, but it began to grow on me once I had imagined Virgil hearing me singing.

Seconds after I nodded in acceptance, Thomas wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you!" chirped Thomas, giving me the music sheets to the lyrics.

Virgil's P.O.V

Listening to Teenagers by My Chemical Romance, I was laying on my bed, honestly minding my own business.. Until..

"VIRGIL!!!! (Y/N) agreed to singing!!!" eyes beaming with enthusiasm, Patton cheered at the idea of hearing her sing, to which I replied with a slow nod, hiding my covering my face with my hood, not wanting Patton to glance at my visible crimson blush.

'Virgil..?' escapes Patton's lips, he speedwalked over, finally glancing at my blush, gasping in response. "Do you have a crush?~" smirking, Patton placed his fists onto his hips. "No! Yes.. Well..." I stumbled, a visible train wreck.

A warm embrace could be felt around me, Patton hugged me, promising he wouldn't tell. The dork started skipping out of my room, wandering off to tell the others that she was singing. I.. I can't say her name..

Your P.O.V

"And at last I see the light, and it's like the sky is new.." changing my pitch each time, I scrambled at finding the right note to hit once I sung, worry coating my expression.

During each day that passed, I would complain about my singing, which eventually got some replies.

"The viewers will love your singing, dear! Sing proud, like you own the stage!!" Roman chirped with enthusiasm.

Patton went for more of a soft tone. "Kiddo, you sing like an angel, and nobody can tell you otherwise." to add the cherry on top, I got a hug from them all.

Deceit told me I had no potential, meaning that I had great potential..

Logan helped me throughout my worries, telling me about cognitive distortions and stuff...

Watching a movie with all of the Sides, something was bothering me.. Pondering that, I had realized that Virgil hadn't talked to me in weeks ever since I'd been hanging out with the other Sides instead of him.. Mentally, I made a note of talking with him after this movie was over.

. . .

Roman had fallen asleep on the couch, I giggled, then walking up the stairs slowing, biting back a yawn. My (e/c) locked into Anxiety's door as I knocked, hopeful for an answer. Minutes passed, and finally, his door creaked open, revealing a pissed Virgil. "What?" he scowled, obviously mad for some reason.

"Virgil, are.. Are you okay?.. I'm worried about you, we haven't spoken in weeks." shuffling my feet, I cupped my hands together and stared down at the floor, now anxious.

Letting out a stressed sigh, Virgil took my hand, leading me to his bed and sitting me down next to him. Cutely, his bangs fell in front of his face, covering his almond brown eyes. "You've been hanging out with everyone else.. A-and I just don't feel accepted in that group.." he trailed down his sentence, looking up at me worriedly.

I choked, obviously not prepared for any of this. "Virgil, if you think that I'm replacing you, I'm not." I stated matter-of-factly, purity lacing my tone.

Virgil's P.O.V

Shooting my glance back down at my hands intertwined with hers, I scoffed at myself, now hugging her nearly as an instinct. "Oh, well.." I paused. "You'll have to find a replacement. Because we can't be friends. I need you to leave me alone." my low voice echoed through my room, booming in the corners. "Now."