(Patton X Reader Part Two)

"(Y/N)?" Cody repeated my name, snapping me back to reality. "Come on, tell me?"

My eyes widened and I rubbed my temple, trying to remember what I was going to say.. Because Author-Chan never updates her stories. (SORRY! Q~Q) "Cody, you have a girlfriend..."

"Oh, I'm afraid to see where this is going." he lightly facepalmed.

"What? No! I know I should already know this but..," I bit my lip. "How does a relationship work..? I..."

"Aw, you have a crush." he teased me like he was a girl that I was close friends with.

But I shook my head. "No, idiot, of course I don't. But you're in a relationship and everywhere I look around I see someone in some sort of relationship!" I kicked a rock on the ground, some dust revealed itself from the road. "Please, tell me what I do?

"I've never seen you like this," he tapped his chin looking in the sky. "do what feels right.. as long as it's not completely stupid."

"Thanks, pretty much everything I do is stupid, Cody." I rolled my eyes sarcastically, smiling a bit.

He smiled back at me, just like when we were little kids. "You're such a dummy, nearly nothing you do is stupid." he whispered a laugh.

"We'll see about that."

* . * . * . *

The sun arose and warm colours splashed in the sky, a bit of an orangy-pink in the sky. The clouds were fluffy, like cotton. Light from the sun reached for my toes and I stretched my hand out, trying to reach for that little ray. I sighed and grazed my eyes over the green grass. Grass was peacefully blowing lightly in the wind and my hair flew a bit alongside with the grass. This morning was too peaceful, it seemed off.. Not that I'm complaining about that. I flipped a page in my book titled Forget Me written by Kim Harrington.

My skin almost sparkled against the sunlight, lighting up the tree so I could see a happy angle to it that I've never seen before. I rubbed my arm against my warm smooth skin and smiled. It had been about two weeks since I had that small talk with Cody, and I'm glad I did. Him taking that small bit of time away from Rose really cleared her head; he isn't going anywhere. Cody is a responsible and kind guy that would never think of hurting someone he loved like that. But just thinking about it, how happy he is with Rose, makes me pity myself and that isn't fair to anyone. Thinking about how they met and everything they do.. I see the look in their eyes, they see more colours than I could imagine seeing. Sure, it's rather cheesy and gushing with romance, but isn't that what every relationship is like...

No. I couldn't imagine that for one hot second. My family had me and swept me under the rug like I was dirt. They drink, smoke and argue behind my back. It is my business to worry about my family and what sort of reputation they are receiving and giving to me! They bicker about whatever they can think up, it's silly. And sad. I was a mistake and they both obviously know that but it isn't my fault they hooked up or whatever tragedy had happened to make... This!

Why, I thought, did I even talk to Cody and ask for advice or what to do? Why would anyone even want someone like me? I can hear what they would say about me already. I checked over my shoulder, left and right and then looked down at my book pages.Little drops of tears were seething into the paper and starting to dry immediately. Before I took a deep and calming breath, I fumbled with my sleeve and rubbed my eyes with the soft fabric. I closed up my book, making a mental note of where I left off and stood up stiffly. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, one more time. Angrily, I kicked the wood of the tree.

Someone shrieked from the other side.

My eyes dropped down to my feet for half a second and instantly brought themselves back up. Carefully, I tiptoed around the tree and saw no one, then looked behind me and saw a non threatening man, but I screamed.