(Abuse!Boyfriend!Virgil X Reader) Coated in Purple

(Art isn't mine~ I'll say when it's mine and stop interrupting the story—)

Again, he kicked me down to the ground. Marks, bruises, it didn't matter what damage he did to me anymore.
Sadistically, Anxiety growled with a flicker of what I imagined to be bloodlust in his eyes. Purple patches covered my arm, crawling on my shoulders, down my back, spotting my legs . . .
Concerned for my safety, everyone--Thomas and the Sides-- told me to stop this--to put it to an end. I love Virgil, though. If I didn't love him, I wouldn't have taken all of this. Verbally putting me down is enough, but this makes my heart ache. The very pound and blow of his white knuckles clashing against my frail body makes my head spin and my own emptiness deepen into its small abyss.

"You beat me up all the time . . . ," I swallowed faintly, feeling a huge lump in my throat. "Why . . . ?"
Virgil turned on his heel and stared me down with greedy, milky eyes. "What was that?"
"I don't like being hurt . . . ," I pursed my lips, looking down. "Why would you . . . ?" I couldn't even finish. Last time I cried, I definitely regretted it.
Baring his teeth like iron bars, he balled up his fists. I shut my eyes tight.
But . . .
Anxiety wrapped me in a hug, tears pricking from his own eyes. "I'm sorry. I'll fix this." He apologized, repeatedly whispering the word 'sorry' into my hair.
"Okay," I leaned into him weakly. "It's okay. . . ."

(A/N: I'm sorry it was short, I just really wanted it to be sweet and to the point~ Love you guys, thanks for the forbearance~)