nine

"girl i'm telling you, i really think he's the one." jess says through the speakers of my phone.

"i haven't even met him yet, so that's not confirmed." i smile sarcastically and she rolls her eyes back at me.

"don't worry we'll arrange lunch say," she paused "sometime next week?" she shrugged

"next week thursday is perfect for me." i inform

"next week thursday it is" she agrees "i'll call you back tomorrow tho aight?"

"yeah, that's cool" i say "bye babe" and with that our facetime call ended.

i plug my phone in to charge and i head downstairs into my kitchen to get a snack. i'm in the mood for some cereal right now.

i open my kitchen cabinets and didn't find anything.

just great. looks like i'm the only snack in the house. (wth am i writing lmaooo)

i head back up to my room slipping some slides on and making sure i grab my phone with me. i go back downstairs and out my house, not forgetting my car keys.

i open my door and see that it's raining cats and mice out there(lmaoo, someone stop me!). i sigh and quickly run to my car. once i'm in i plug my phone in to charge and check the time

11:37 pm. i'm pretty sure the gas station is still open. scratch that. i know the gas station is still open. this is america. (que childish gambino)

"my guy pretty like a girl and he got fight stories to tell. i see both sides like chanel" i quietly sing-mumble, taking a left into the gas station parking lot.

i exit my car and walk into the gas station, grabbing a basket also. who knows where my hands might take me? i say i'm gonna come and get cereal but i know i'm gonna be extra and buy more things.

*ping

i look down at my phone and read the text message.

jess💛:
horror film suggestions?

i smile shaking my head knowing she only comes to me for that. i love horror films.

me:
last one i watched was hereditary. give a try.

me:
weirdest horror film but worth a watch i guess

jess💛:
that sounds stoopid!

jess💛:
who names a film hereditary?

i roll my eyes knowing she's gonna end up watchin-

"ow" i wince, accidentally dropping my phone.

"oh shit, i'm sorry, girl" i bend over to grab my phone and look up to see a very handsome guy.

"it's okay" i smile. i take a look at my phone and see a small crack in the corner.

fuck. so much for deciding not to wear a case today.

"oh shit. did i just do that?" he asks, taking a look at my phone. "it's totally fine, i'll just get it-"

"no, lemme pay for the damage. it's the least i could do." i roll my eyes and smile at him.

"i'm not letting you fix my phone. i don't even know your name."

"lucas" he says holding his hand out for me to shake.

"silvana" i say grabbing ahold of his muscular hand.

"great now you know my name, now lemme put my number in your phone" he smiles. i love his confidence.

i roll my eyes once again and hand him my phone. once he was done he gave it back to me. "i'll text you tomorrow, yeah?" he winks

i just smile and nod my head. "sure" he gives my one more wink before walking off.

wow, he sure was handsome.

\\

i munch on my cereal while watching powerpuff girls on my telly. i have work tomorrow but i don't start till half 3 so i'm pretty happy about that.

minutes later, i hear my doorbell go off and scrunch my eyebrows. i check the time on my phone and it read 1:24 am.

if anything it's probably ms jannis, my next door neighbor asking for a cup of sugar to add to her tea.

she always comes around late knowing i'm still awake. i reach my door and opened it. i furrow my brows in confusion with whom i've come in contact with.

"jack"