twelve

jack's pov

i kick my nike's off my feet and shut the door behind me. i lazily drag my feet across the floor and made my way up to my room.

"why so glum, chum?" i hear johnson ask. i twist my neck to my right and see johnson in the music room using the piano. typical.

i shrug my shoulders not knowing an answer. i continue making my way to my room. i fell back on my bed and let a huge sigh, casually letting my thoughts take control of me.

who is that lucas guy and why the hell is he texting silv?

i doubt she's not moved on. she's gotten so gorgeous, who wouldn't want her?

i just sigh at my thoughts and let them continue controlling my mind. god, i feel so tense. i need to let loose. i reach for my pocket and took my phone out. i scrunched my eyebrows realising i didn't have silvana as my lock screen.

shit, this is silvanas phone. i still have it, after i took it from her. i let that thought go and took interest in her lock screen. she was at a hotel pool i'm guessing. sitting on a deck chair in her bikini and damn.

i smile at the phone knowing how hard she must've worked on her body

i smile at the phone knowing how hard she must've worked on her body. once she's focused on something important, she becomes dedicated to it and that's one of the things i love about her.

i smile noticing the flower in her hair. i lightly chuckle through my nose remembering when i gave her one of those. on our first holiday. we went dubai and we having dinner when i handed it to her.

she was so excited when i put it in her hair. she never wanted to take it off. unlike madison.

when i gave it to her she just smiled and left it aside. i roll my eyes at that thought. silvanas phone began vibrating and it was an incoming call from lucas. i furrow my brows in disgust.

i click the answer button and immediately spoke. "silvana is currently busy right now. call back later."

on second thought

"don't call back at all." i demand, locking off the call immediately.

fuck, what did i just do? i shake my head and grab my car keys.

silvanas pov

i rummaged through my bag and still didn't see my phone. what the hell?

it can't have just grown legs and ran off. although, i wouldn't be surprised if it did, i'm such a mess, i would run away from myself if i had the chance to.

"urgh! where's my phone?!" i shriek. my door buzzed signalling someone's here.

ugh, go away.

i drag my feet across the floor and press the key on my lock pad and it opened the gates from the entrance. i quickly put all my plates in the kitchen and the doorbell rang. i looked through the spy hole this time and saw jack.

what the hell does he want, again?

i open the door and my phone is held in front of my face. "you forgot this." he spoke

"oh thank god!" i squeal, excitedly. that's when i remembered. he took it off me when he saw the messages from lucas.

"i can't believe out of all things you forget is your phone." he scoffs, entering my home uninvited. i just roll my eyes and let him do whatever he wants, it's not like he'll listen to me anyways.

"your lock screen is very appealing." i hear him mumble. i furrow my brows and lock my phone to see my lock screen again.

oh, my trip to hawaii. i shrug as a response "want a drink?" i offer

"you have any kool aid?" he asks

"wanna help me make it?" i retort "sure" he takes his shoes off and comes into my kitchen.

"what flavour do you want?" i ask looking through my kitchen cabinet.

"shut up, you already know what flavour i want." he laughs, taking a seat on the kitchen stool. i grabbed the cherry flavoured sachet and poured the powder in a glass jug. jack actually put himself to use and grabbed cold water bottles from the fridge and poured it in the jug.

i got the sugar and handed it to jack to pour while i throw the packets and empty bottles in the bin. i turned to jack and witness him putting a huge load of sugar into the jar.

"jack, relax!" i yell. he looked up at me and continued to add more. "the more sugar, the better." he smiles. i roll my eyes and grab the sugar off him but he refuses to hand it to me.

"no! i want sugar" he whines. god, i forgot how much this kid complains. i continue to fight him. i don't want no sugary ass kool aid, but him being the stronger one got a very grip of it and me being the stubborn one didn't wanna let go.

we looked like siblings right now. we continued pulling and pulling and soon enough the packet of sugar ripped and the sugar went everywhere.

jack looked around where it had spilt and he started laughing. "thank god i don't live here"

i keep a straight face and fold my arms not finding anything funny about this situation. he notices my lack of amusement and stops laughing.

"i'll go find the broom." he walks off. i roll my eyes and walked up to my room to grab a pair of slides so when i go back in there my feet aren't sticky.

once i come back down, i see jack sweeping the sugar up. i smile at him actually putting in work for once. he finished sweeping up and threw everything that was in the dustpan in the garbage. he turned back around to me and smiled.

"kool aid?" he smirks

i playfully roll my eyes and grab the jug, taking it to the living room with jack following me. we sit on the couch and jack pours the sweet, red drink in our cups.

i took a sip and surprisingly, it wasn't so bad. "this actually isn't bad"

"told you" he smirks.

we both sigh and stare at mirror above us on the ceiling.

"that's a smart place" jack smiles looking at my reflection. "not really, but thanks" i smile

a silence fell between us but it wasn't an awkward one, more like a comfortable silence.

"what's the time?" jack asked. i pulled my phone out my pocket and checked

"it's 8:56"

"i'm gonna head out, i've gotta help johnson at home."

i nod my head and sat up, swallowing the last sip of my kool aid. jack did the same and went to go put his shoes back on. while he was doing that i grabbed our cups and left them in the sink and left the remaining kool aid in the fridge.

i walked to the entrance, where jack was putting his hoodie on. he opened my front door and was about to leave but turned around to say something.

"thanks, silvana"

"for what?" i ask

"well, you kept my mind off madison for a bit and i appreciate that." he smiles. i smile back, grabbing ahold of the frame of my front door.

"well i am your therapist." i smile back. he just chuckles lightly and turns.

"don't forget! friday at 3pm!" i remind him about his next session

"got it!" he replied, walking off.

i shut the door and smiled to myself. gosh, what am i doing?

forgive for not updating in so long 😭i need to work on more chapters for this book. i'm sorryyyyy