three ,

- frankie's pov -

"I never liked that son of a bitch anyway."

I eyed her off, knowing she thought I didn't hear.

"What? I'm just being honest he's a dick." 

I sighed and looked down at my book, spinning the pen around my finger. "But just for the record, are you sleeping with someone else? We wouldn't judge you if you were."

I looked at them both, furrowing my eyebrows. "Are you fucking kidding me? Of course I'm not!"

"Hey, me and Anny just want to make sure."

It made no sense that we shortened Amethyst to Anny, but really, what else could we call her?

"Well you can both stop worrying because I'm not. He just gets all touchy feely and it scares me." 

The herd of boys walked into the classroom at that exact time, late like normal. 

"Sorry miss, we were just helping Will." The patted his back, being dickheads as usual. The teacher rolled her eyes and ignored them, knowing it wasn't worth the fight. 

They sat behind us like they always do, but this time I ignored them. I always tried to give them a small smile or say hi but not today. I don't rely on boys. Remember?

I continued talking to my friends before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I put my bitchiest face on (which honestly wasn't hard) and turned around to look at them.

"Good morning to you too Lahey." 

Reece was one of the boys that I could handle the most but also hated the most. He was a smart ass and always tried to impress people.

"What do you want, Reece?" 

"Just want to know why you still won't fuck Will." He leaned in closer, whispering to me. "He's good in bed, a lot of people will tell you."

I rolled my eyes, huffing. "Because, I have a lot more important things to do." 

"You know, he mentioned the idea that you were sleeping with someone else and me, being the awesome person I am denied it all. I said, Lahey wouldn't be fucking someone else, she's too scared to even put a tampon in her sacred body."

The boys cackled a bit, pleased with his response. "Hm, do remind me. How's Diana going? You know, since she blew you off for Ethan."

The boy quickly whipped his head around to face his friend. "You fucking kidding me bro?"

"She's hot, you can't blame me."

I slammed my hand down onto his desk, catching his attention again. "Think twice before you try to embarrass me, I've got enough dirt on you to ruin your whole year."

I glared at Will for a second before turning around, earning surprised looks from both Ty and Anny.

"Shit Frankie, I forget how much of a bitch you are sometimes." Tyson replied, impressed at the least.

I shrugged my shoulders and faced the front again, ignoring them for the rest of class.

---

The final bell finally went and I was excited to go home. I needed it after today. I had just walked out of the large gate before I heard my name being called.

"Frankie! Wait up!"

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around, the brunette haired boy running after me. "W-where are you going?" He stuttered, trying to catch his breathe.

"Home?" I replied, thinking it was an obvious answer.

"Right could've guessed that. I just want to say sorry."

"For what? Calling me a slut or telling all your friends that I'm sleeping with someone else?" My response made him flustered. Good. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited impatiently for what excuse he had.

"Both. I need you to understand me Frankie. I went from fucking every girl in the school to being loyal for 6 months. Do you know how had that is?"

I scoffed, kicking some of the gravel before turning around. "No wait please." He grabbed my arm, making me turn around.

"No William. If it's so hard for you to not get your dick wet then maybe you should just leave me alone." I pulled away harshly, ignoring his calls.

I sat in my car, looking up at the roof. I was sick of all the drama that followed me, everywhere I went. I thought living on the beach would help but I guess not. 

When I got home I sighed loudly, forgetting that my air con was still broken. I didn't have the money to fix it and I didn't want my mum thinking I was incapable of doing things on my own.

I opened my laptop, looking at the messages in front of me. 

I see. Would you like me to show you the ropes?

I must've read over it about 100 times before I gave in. 

How so?

I quickly changed out of my uniform and went into the kitchen, pulling out the ingredients for pasta. The kind my dad used to make when I was little. 

When I moved out of home I put together a recipe book of my favorite meals, so I never ran out of ideas.

I sat down at the table, scrolling through twitter on my laptop when I notification popped up. 

I'd love to meet you for lunch. Saturday sound okay?

-----------------------

ITS HAPPENINGGGGGGGGG

(Are we liking the book? Do we hate it? Leave a comment? I'm excited about it)

- tana xo