ten ,

- frankie's POV -

My laughter becomes louder than usual, indicating I've had too much to drink. "Not used to red wine?" He said, taking awake my glass with a chuckle. 

I cover my hand over my mouth, laughing along with him. I look like a scum compared to everyone else in the room but I don't even care anymore. 

"I like seeing you like this." He said, his eyes looking straight into mine. 

"What? A drunken mess?" I hum, blinking softly. 

"No. You're a lot less on edge. You seem free." 

I dont say anything. Instead, I just smile, drinking the water that is put in front of me. Being with Mat was like an escape out of reality. 

I was high school me during the day, and stress free me when I was with him. He didn't know every tiny detail of my life and I liked it that way. 

"Come, I'll take you home." 

I leaned against the palm of my hand, looking out the widow of the car. He stroked his hand along his thigh, managing to start something up in me. 

It wasn't like a nervous habit, just  normal habit. I quickly sapped out of my gaze and tried t focus on something else.

Once we arrived at my house I was eager to get out, feeling the cool air on my skin. He walked with me to my door, making sure I didn't fall and crack my head open. Which sounded pretty likely at this point. 

"You going to be ok?"

I nodded before turning around and looked up at him, noticing how close he was to me. My smile faded slightly, his hand cupping my cheek. 

"Sleep well, Frankie."

He stroke his thumb along my skin before pulling away, heading back to his car. I fumbled with my keys, partly because of my drunken state and also because of what the fuck just happened. 

I tried not to focus on it it much, just excited to go to sleep. I took off my clothes and jumped onto my bed, only sleeping with the sheet because my house still felt like a sauna.

When the sun peaked through my windows I opened my eyes slowly, rubbing them with my palms. I felt better than I thought  would, only feeling a bit off. 

I walked downstairs and stepped outside, stretching in the breeze. A knock on my door pulled my attention away, making me roll my eyes. 

My mind tried to go back to the time Mat said he didn't like it, but I quickly brushed it off. It seemed that when you had your own house people liked to intrude a lot more than usual. 

When I opened it my eyebrows furrowed at the boy in front of me. 

"Good morning, Frankie!"

"Reece?"

My voice was croaky and came out broken and quiet. He flashed me a grin, trying to get rid of the hair in his eyes. 

"Can I come in?" 

I stepped out of the way, not wanting to argue so early in the morning. His boots tapped against the floor, echoing through the house. 

"Nice place you got here." 

I nodded and walked past him, trying to grab an apple. His hand fell in mine as he pulled me closer, our bodies only inches apart. 

"What- what are you-" He hushed me quickly, making my brows furrow. I didn't know if this was Will's doing or what but it wasn't funny. 

My phone chimed on the table next to us, capturing both of our attention.

Shit.

"Whose Mat?" He asked picking my phone up, holding it above my reach. 

"Just a friend give it back." I said, desperately trying to retrieve my phone. "When will I see you again?" He read the text aloud. 

I wanted to die right in this moment. I had nothing to be ashamed of, but I didn't want everybody knowing about him. He was my secret and I would guess he'd prefer it that way too. 

"Reece." I desperately pleaded. 

"So you have been fucking someone else, huh?"

"No you idiot now give it back." I was well aware my large shirt no longer covered my lower half but I didn't care. I wanted my phone back. 

He shook his head in disapproval, finally looking at me. "I thought you were innocent Lahey. That's why we all gravitate towards you."

His hand snaked down my waist, grabbing my ass roughly. "Hey!" I quickly squealed, slapping his hand off me. 

He chucked my phone on the couch, using both his hands to hold me in place. "What would Will think?"

"I don't give a fuck, what would he think of his best friend right now?" I snapped back quickly. He seemed to be not bothered by my remark, continuing his foul grip. 

"He'd probably high-five me and ask how'd I manage it."

"Manage what?"

"Getting in your pants"