six ,

- frankie's pov -

It had been a week. And so far, I was not tempted. I didn't need a man controlling me in exchange for money.

it was a waste of my time, and his. 

I picked up my camera, planning on going down to the beach. I used to walk there everyday but sort of lost time for it. 

I picked my my sunglasses before walking out of the house, locking the door behind me. I walked along the busy street, scrolling through the pictures I had taken previously.

I had always had an eye for capturing life's greatest monuments. The beach was always one of my favorites. I used to go there a lot with my mum and dad, but that was a long time ago. 

It was a calming place, where I could think about old times, when everyone was happy and there were no touchy subjects. 

My thoughts were interrupted as I pumped into someone, my face instantly heating up. "Sorry I wasn't-"

I cut myself off, my mouth forming into an 'O' shape. "No worries Miss Lahey, you look very concentrated."

He had a loose fitting shirt on, displaying most of his chest. He looked less formal this way, I liked it.

"Mat. Hi." I said laughing nervously. I hadn't planned on seeing him again but here we were, running into each other. 

"How have you been Frankie?" 

"I'm good, yea I'm good." I didn't know whether I felt awkward or nervous, probably both. He was a threatening person, even when he was being nice. 

"Care to join me for coffee? It'd be my pleasure." His pants were practically glistening white which only made his confidence seem stronger.

I stuttered around for a bit, not knowing what to say. Before I got a word in he cut me off.

"Great. Follow me." He put on his familiar grin, pushing the door open of a small cafe. He didn't strike me as the kind of person who'd want to sit in a coffee shop.

We sat down together, the large array of people making me feel calmer.

"Mind if I have a look?" He had his hand on my camera, hoping to pick it up. "Yea, sure, go ahead." A million words were filtering through my head at a crazy rate.

He sat still for a while eyes fixated on the tiny screen. He looked up at me, eyes drilling into mine. "You're very talented."

"Thank you." I muttered, a bright red shade taking over my cheeks. 

"Listen Frankie, I have a meeting to get to but don't be scared to call me. It was lovely seeing you again." He slid me a small piece of paper before standing up, saying his goodbyes. 

I felt all the blood rush to my head. I wasn't supposed to see him again. It was supposed to be over and I wouldn't have to deal with this weight.

I ditched the idea of going to the beach and just headed home. At this rate I just needed a bath and sleep. 

I was at least grateful of the idea that I never had to call him, and I could just pretend none of this ever happened. It would make my life so much easier and I knew I'd be thankful for it. 

His question still lingered on my mind daily. What did I want out of this? I wanted to never think about it again but I was so drawn to him it was making things difficult.

I decided to suck it up and just text him.

A simple hey it's Frankie :) wouldn't do either of us any harm.

---

"Has he apologized?"

"He tried to but I know this is just going to happen all over again." 

She nodded, agreeing with me. "I mean he's hot, but if he's hurting you over and over it's not worth it."

"Yea, I don't need him to stay stable."

I felt two hands on my shoulders, making me jump. I looked up slightly and noticed the head of curly brown hair. I groaned before standing up, facing him completely.

"What do you want, Will?" He had a stupid grin on his face, making me nervous. 

"This is my goodbye. I don't want to be friends with you, nor do I want to see you around but I guess only one of those things are possible."

I furrowed my eyebrows at his sudden attitude. "Ok?"

"I hope whoever you're fucking is happy, because he can have you all to himself."

He didn't even bother to hear my response and just walked away, leaving me confused and annoyed.

"What the fuck was that?"

I turned around and faced her, not knowing what to say. "I have no idea Anny. At all."

"Well, you know what this means then right?"

I continued looking at her, not knowing what she was getting at. "I'm single?"

"Yes, and ready to mingle. We're going to a party."

I groaned and slumped over. If there was one place I hated it was a party. Sweaty bodies and male testosterone in the air wasn't my scene. "No, Anny."

"Yes Frankie. We're doing it. No complaining." 

I huffed in annoyance, knowing there was no way of getting out of this. Once Anny had made her mind up, there was no changing it. There was no way of getting out of it either. 

------------

a/n

next chapter gon get crazyyyy. put ur seat belts on kiddies

(I'm also very aware that there are probably a thousand spelling mistakes and I'll fix them later on dw)

- tana