seven ,

- frankie's pov -

I had the erge to walk out the door I just walked in. "No, I know that face you are not leaving Lahey." She warned, pointing her finger at me.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, looking around the room. It was dark, and stunk of sweaty bodies. Lovely. 

"Live a little Frankie! This'll do you some good"

I looked over at my other best friend, kind of sad at how excited they were. I didn't want to disappoint them but there were a million other places I'd rather be then in this house.

I also didn't have any interest of getting my face eaten by a teenage boy. "I'll get you a drink."

I got drawn out of my thoughts and nodded at her, giving her a small smile. Ty wrapped his arm aound mine, dragging me through the house. 

"So, who are we looking for?"

I looked at him in an unimpressed matter, rolling my eyes. "Oh come on, you have to get with someone else. Make Will regret being a dick to you."

I saw him with his friends, and as much as I'd love to annoy him, I wasn't in the mood for it. I was practically counting down the hours before I could go home.

"Ok listen, we either have Reece, the jocks best friend. Or, we can go for some complete random, perhaps someone older?" He nudged my shoulder, more excited than me. 

I rolled my eyes and accepted the drink from Anny. It was going to be a long night that I'd rather be drunk for.

---

My phone buzzed in my pocket, catching my attention. I stepped away from everyone else and sat down, focusing my eyes on the screen.

What are you up to? Like to catch up for drinks?

I furrowed my eyebrows and scanned over the name

Mat.

The less sober and more confident me was excited. I cold feel the butterflies rolling around in my stomach. 

I pressed my phone up to my ear, getting to a quiet area. His voice was croaky, seeming it was late. 

"Frankie."

He always maintained a calm voice, like he felt no emotion ever. 

"Mr Musto."

M voice came out as more of a slur than I anticipated. I cleared my throat and shook my head, trying to regain focus.

I heard the line cut off, confusing me. I looked down at my phone before turning it off, walking back inside. 

"There she is!"

I turned around and saw Reece, instantly ruining my mood. "What do you want?" I yelled back over the music. 

"What are the chances of you and Will getting back together?"

I sighed heavily, crossing my arms over my chest. "Zero."

I patted his back before walking away, looking around for Ty and Anny. I ended up out the front, not able to find them. 

The front was pretty bare, only a few people who couldn't stand laying on the grass. I whipped my head around too quickly and stumbled, becoming dizzy. 

I was more than grateful that somebody had caught me, making me smile. "Thank you." I said before looking up.

"Let's go."

My head snapped up instantly, recognizing the voice. "Mat?" I questioned, my eyes wide. He looked pissed, which only made it worse.

"In the car."

I stood still, still trying to process what was going on. He wrapped his arms around my waist and threw me over his shoulder, carrying me over to his car. 

"I'm going to be honest Lahey, didn't pick you as the partying type."

I groaned in response, my head softly hitting his back car seat. 

---------------------

A/N

I know this is short but leik its ight.

- tana x