Chapter 2: Long Time No See

-Izaya Orihara-

As the mechanical doors of the train opened, Izaya felt like jumping up and down with pure glee- albeit he couldn't do that due to needing a wheel chair to get around.

To put it simply, Izaya had been through a lot these past three years trying to piece his life back together. He always had mental issues for years now, such as PTSD and thanks to his final fight with Shizuo he had started having unbearable panick attacks.

Izaya never knew how terrifying a panick attack could be- do you know how horrible it is to have one? The world starts to spin, your heart beats too quickly, and the pain only stops when your vision blurs so much that you fade to black. If you're lucky in his opinion, you wouldn't get back up. If you do get back up- you'de just feel numb.

Thankfully, those dark and sinister thoughts that plagued his mind faded away- he didn't need to pretend to be friends with his demons anymore. Sure- some bad thoughts still lingered in the darker corners of his mind- but he made huge improvements, physically and mentally.

Wether you want to believe it or not, Izaya is a changed man. And no, that doesn't mean he's now some sort of saint- he was still a tactical and all around a manipulative person- but that was just his personality. Most of his more sinister traits had left him, and in their place was a big pool of regret that nagged at him every day.

Thats one of the reasons he came back to Ikebukuro, to fix all his mistakes. Surely it would take a while, apologizing wasn't one of the ravenette's strong points but he would push through.

Now after three years of hell, he was back to a place that had the potential to be called home. So when the last of the passengers exited the train, he hurriedly pressed the button on the left arm of his wheel chair to move forward.

Once he got out of the station he had to close his eyes for a second- the sun was awefully bright that day. After he adjusted to the brightness he took a look around. Tourists of all sorts were gawking at shops, there were poeple in suits bustling to their work- thankfully no one paid him much attention even though he was slightly hard to ignore, being in a wheelchair and all.

He reached into his pocket and took out his phone dialling a number he hadn't called for half a year. Beep...
beep...beep...

"Hey Izaya! Did you arrive safely in Ikebukuro?"

The ex information broker nodded, until he realized that his old friend couldn't see him.

"Yea I arrived- I'm pretty close to the Russian Sushi place so I think I'll be there in a few."

"You sure about that? Celty can pick you up-"

Izaya sighed into the phone.

"Shinra we've been over this."
He mumbled into the phone, a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Right my bad- gomenasai! I'll see you soon then- gosh its been two years since I saw you face to face! Aren't you excited Izaya-"

Before Shinra could continue the 29 year old man replied with a quipped "Yea totally", nonchalantly ended the call as a shit eating grin made its way to his face- he most probably pissed off his friend by that.

Without losing any more time he went through the town as quickly as one could with a mechanical wheelchair- it wasn't really slow though so he didn't mind it to much. As he passed the sushi place, he noticed Simon recommending his sushi as usual.

Once the dark skinned russian noticed him, a clear expression of shock made its way to his face after being replaced by his usual smile. "Izaya! Good to see you again!" His japanese was the same as ever, as a thick russian accent coated his words.

See, Simon was one of the few people that new about Izaya's... situation. He was just surprised as he didn't expect to see the red eyed man so soon.

Izaya just nodded towards his direction and gave him a small smile even though it was a tad forced. It wasn't because he didn't enjoy seeing a familiar face.

But in all honesty, he had never genuinely smiled before. He wasn't sure if he knew how to smile normally- and he was positive that if he ever did he would look really weird with such a foreign expression on his face.

So after he gave Simon a curt nod, he made his way to Shinra's without any interruptions. A part of him was concerned that he would hear his name being shouted, and have a vending machine hurled at him- but luckily nothing of the sort happened.

Shinra was outside the building waiting for Izaya like a little kid. Excitement bubbled through his veins and he couldn't wait another second. This is because he and Celty had been kept updated about his condition and even went to visit him.

The young scientist saw his friend who acted heartless spiral to the lowest point of his life- but he also saw him spiral back up! And now he'd make sure that Izaya stayed happy- he deserved it.

So when he saw Izaya from the distance approaching casually, as if they saw each other yesterday- with a smug look on his face- Shinra ran up to him and bent down, giving him a bear hug.

Izaya was a bit shocked, but decided to accept his embrace- the guy was gonna let him live in his apartment for a while so this was the least he could do.

So he ruffled his hair akwardly and said four simple words.
"Long time no see."
He couldn't help the way his lips quirked upwards just a little.

Shinra pulled away and gently pushed his wheelchair into his apartment, while chattering excitedly. Izaya was present for the conversation until a particular blonde entered his thoughts- thats when he realized...

He was so screwed.