Chapter 23: Kidnapped

-Shizuo Heiwajima-

5th January,
3:54 am

"No, you can't expect me to believe that! It doesn't make sense!" Shizuo fumed angrily, impatiently tapping his foot on the wooden floor. He was currently in Celty and Shinra's guest room, which Izaya had been using as his temporary room for the past few months. And yet now, the only thing that remained of the flea was his empty wheelchair.

While he was glaring at Shinra for his weird suggestions as to how Izaya had now mysteriously disappeared, Celty was inspecting every nook and cranny of the room, no doubtedly trying to find a clue.

"Okay, Shizuo, here is what we know," Shinra started once more, calmer than any normal person should have been in such a situation- then again this was Shinra that Shizuo was talking to. "Izaya couldn't have just got up and left to initiate some master plan to ruin Ikebukuro. Celty and I know for a fact that he can't walk. And he hasn't been gone recently for long periods of time to see a professional about walking therapy. So really that leaves just one option," Shinra explained while adjusting his glasses which had gone slightly askew.

"And what would that be?" Shizuo impatiently asked, getting annoyed by all this mystery. Really, he just wanted one thing- to go outside and search for the flea. It's exactly what he used to do all those years ago! Well, without the killing intent.

"He's been kidnapped."

There was an uneasy silence before Shizuo snorted. "Him? Kidnapped? While you two were in the same building as him?! I'm not the only one that thinks this is stupid right?" The artificial blonde asked, growing more upset by Shinra's nonchalant behaviour by the minute.

"It makes sense if you think about it! If anyone was going to kidnap Izaya, they had a bad experience with him at some point in the past. That would indicate that they had been planning on taking him away for a long time.

Whoever took him had a clear plan and mission. Clearly they accomplished it. Anyone that is capable of doing all of that wouldn't have a problem of silently breaking in- despite all of our security alarms."

Shinra scratched his chin a little bit at that last part, while Shizuo was left in thought. Some stuff still wasn't adding up. "But the flea would have fought back. He would have shouted for help- left some clue of what happened!" Shizuo's voice grew louder as he spoke, while his eyes searched around the room one last time- maybe there was something he was missing?

But this was just one big mystery for all of them... if a scientist like Shinra was only guessing at what could have happened, how could a clueless person like Shizuo solve the case? He wasn't a detective that could find helpful clues, and he wasn't some hero that was meant to save Izaya from whatever took him. He was simply Shizuo.

"Well, that depends Shizuo. Maybe the captors blackmailed Izaya and didn't give him much of a choice. Then again, this is all wild guessing. I sure am glad they left my precious Celty alone!"

This only caused a vein to pop in Shizuo's head, and a punch from Celty to Shinra. "Ouch- Celty! So mean!" The underground doctor pouted, clearly upset that his affections were turned down.

[I'm getting a headache. I'm going to the kitchen if anyone needs me.]

The dullahan typed it quickly, and after showing her phone to both of them, she walked away, clearly needing to ironically, clear her head. "There are no signs of struggle at all. Izaya definitely left without a fight" Shinra muttered in after thought.