Chapter 31: Dance With Me?

-Izaya Orihara-

21st February
3:04pm

Over the past few weeks, Izaya and Shizuo made sure to keep close contact with Shinra and Celty, and if everything went according to plan, the two should have been coming over in the next few days to take his twin sisters back to Japan. They would also be bringing the ravenette's passport, so after the duo check that there will be no danger in going back to Japan, they could leave the circus. And then when Izaya went back... and finally got home he would... well he had no idea what to do. Sure he had friends now and had improved but he didn't have much reason to go back home. He didn't want to live with Shinra and Celty, or with Shizuo (albeit that was fun) because he would just be a burden. He wanted his own life, persue simple dreams if he could... he just wanted time to stop for a while.

But currently, he had more important issues occupying his head, and that was figuring out Kiyo's game. So far he had only spoken with Nova, and from what she said, there seemed to be no real threat in the situation, but that didn't add up. The ringleader of the circus had every reason to want revenge on Izaya, due to the ravenette shattering his world, but so far besides the kidnapping and the threats of being injected with poison in the beginning, everything seemed to be fine. And so, Izaya decided on continuing to ask the other members of the circus.

After looking around a bit, he found that Komo was in the more lively fields at the back of the circus, and he was attending to the limited amount of plant life in the winter season... out in the rain... without an umbrella. Izaya himself had taken an old, bright red one from the supply closet of the circus, and he was curious as to why the younger teenager who seemed to be the most reasonable of the bunch was getting drenched in the rain. He sighed, and walked forward so the other who was crouching down, seemingly planting some seeds, would get some shelter.

"Hey, what are you doing outside in all this rain?" Izaya asked feeling a bit disgruntled, as he always hated the rainy weather. He was always willing to do anything to get rid of it, but he could only wait it out just like everyone else. And yet Komo didn't really seem to mind at all, and just looked up in surprise at Izaya, with messy brunette hair dripping with raindrops. "Ah Izaya, what a surprise! I didn't take you as an outdoors person!" He remarked, taking a moment to clean up his glasses as they were fogging up, before continuing his job. The ex informant grimaced at the wet soil that squelched under his now muddy boots (he stole them from Shizuo but he didn't have to know that yet) and he narrowed his eyes at the brunette infront of him, probably having thorns all over his hands by now. "I'm not. I was just looking for you to ask you some questions," he explained curtly, wanting to go back to his comfy little tent were it was warm... and dry.

"Questions about what?" The other asked, as he took a small shovel to arrange the soil. "About Kiyo mostly... what's his deal exactly?" He was taking the blatantly honest approach, as at this point he was sure that this was the easiest way to get answers... no one was really hiding anything anyway. "Well you must elaborate on that... but I can see as to why you would be curious. Let's just say he's a regular guy that thinks he's doing the right thing." Izaya scratched his head a bit at the statement, "What exactly do you mean? Did he hurt others in the past?" Komo just shook his head at the question. "Kiyo wouldn't hurt a fly... he's just curious, I believe. That's why you're here... he's curious about you."

Izaya wanted to just shout 'bullshit!' there and then. "Everyone here is aware of my past with him right? I pretended to help him and put him in jail... and now after he kidnapped me, threatened to hurt my sisters and myself with poison, and made me walk again, he's just curious?" He wanted to groan in frustration... teenagers were always too complicated for their own good. But Komo somehow had an answer for that too. "He never really threatened you with poison directly though, am I right?" The ravenette bit his lip, as he was correct. Asuka at the beginning had threatened him sure, but Kiyo... "I just thought that he implied it..." his words drifted off, and silence took over, except for the pitter patter of the rain. The brunette continued talking, "Although I honestly don't know where he got that poison, he wouldn't use it. I have faith in that at least. As for you... it all started when he saw your sisters... it was a stroke of luck really. He just wanted to turn your world upside down and see how you'de behave. Maybe you would break, or submit or run away. It's like he's playing a game with you as payback for what you did to him all those years ago."