Chapter 7: Truce

-Izaya Orihara-

It had been about two weeks since Izaya had talked to Shizuo. Sure he saw him a few times when Celty took him out for a stroll to get some fresh air, but they never had any sort of interactions, infact, they barely made eye contact.

The ravenette was very content with that- since Shizuo hadn't attacked him once since he had moved here, he had a good chance at staying alive.

A small part of him did want more though- sometimes he would get huge urges to apoligize to him, but his pride wouldn't allow it. So he burried those emotions deep inside his mind, only for them to bubble up some other time.

Granted, Izaya really did want to apologize to all the people he had wronged, but he probably hurt Shizuo the most- therefore the blonde would probably have to be delusional to accept an apology.

But besides his internal worries, Izaya was doing great. He would wake up and occupy himself as much as he could, mostly he would read books or use the laptop and update himself on Ikebukuro- it wouldn't hurt anyone to stay well-informed right?

His favourite time of day was probably lunch time- he always insisted on cooking. It was the most he could do to repay Shinra and Celty for helping him out so much- and once the brunette tasted his home cooked meals, he happily obliged.

Cooking was actually a hobby Izaya developed around three years ago. He needed to occupy himself with something to relieve stress, and once he tried cooking, he fell in love with it.

And today was another normal, blissful day for Izaya. Right after they finished lunch, (this time the ravenette prepared ramen with slices of pork, green onion and egg) Celty took Izaya out for their usual walk around town.

The ex informant hated having to bother Celty like this, but if he left the house on his own, it would be too risky- he was easy prey. He kept his folding knives with him at all times just in case, but even he couldn't face an entire gang if he was stuck in a wheel chair.

But this time, Izaya noticed that Celty was taking a different route from usual- they were heading to Raira Academy.

"Hey Celty?" The ravenette spoke up, "Are you heading to Raira Academy? Its 3pm, the students will be leaving now... there's a good chance we might run into someone we know." Celty just nodded, showing she was listening but kept going in the same direction.

Izaya sighed before smiling weakly. "Let me guess. You want me to accidentally bump into those three and apologize?" After earning another nod from Celty, the ex informant knew there was no convincing her to turn around, so he stayed quiet.

He kept himself occupied with conversation starters- what could he say? Kida hated him at the very least, Mikado surely didn't like him very much, and the same applies to Anri.

Before he could think any longer they were behind the school, and Celty placed Izaya right by the wall. She took out her phone and typed quickly. "Can you wait here for a second?"

After she recieved a curt nod she walked a few steps away, so if there were any people around the corner they could clearly see her, but not Izaya.

"Hey Celty!" A familiar voice greeted the dullahan, the ravenette noted it was Mikado's. "Ah the headless rider! It's my pleasure to see you again!" That overly cheery voice was distinctly Kida's.