Chapter 18: Christmas Eve- Part 2

Important Notice: The flashback chapters have been re-written, so feel free to check them out. I have also arranged the conversation that takes place at night between Shizuo and Izaya in the chapter 'Getting Closer'. I feel that this way it's simply better. Last notice, I have updated the blurb of this book, as in the beginning of it  I put in an extract of an important conversation that will take place at one point. Feel free to go check that out if you haven't already.

Happy reading!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
-Izaya Orihara-

Christmas Eve
8:05pm

After a few hectic hours that involved of Izaya and Shizuo preparing for the small party, everything was prepared and most of their friends had already arrived.

Kadota, Togusa and Walker were all present, and they didn't hesitate to indulge in the food that was neatly presented on the kitchen table and counter.

It was a cheerful atmosphere, with warm christmas lights, and the faint playing of christmas carols filled the artificial blonde's house.

For the night, no one wore any formal clothing, instead jeans (or sweatpants in Shizuo's case) and a ridiculous christmas sweater were enough.

Izaya had already contacted Shinra and Celty to make sure everything was going well with their holiday, and after the exchanging of a few stories and a cheerful 'Merry Christmas!', he ended the call to enjoy the rest of their little get-together.

Eventually, the doorbell rang, indicating that Erika and her younger sister had arrived. And Izaya really did want to be the first to greet her, but he was busy washing plates and dishes he and Shizuo had used earlier in the kitchen sink.

He expected someone else to answer the door, but instead Shizuo approached him. "I was wondering were you were," He said gruffly, as he turned off the water and handed Izaya a towel to dry his hands.

"I already told you, I'll wash them later- go have fun with Erika already. I know you're excited to give her that christmas gift."

Izaya tried to protest, but the ex bartender had his mind set, and he had already strolled Izaya's wheelchair out of the kitchen and away from the tedious chores.

And so, when Izaya looked back momentarily with a look of thanks on his features, he didn't realise that Shizuo had the tinniest of smiles tugging at his lips.

Instead, he went to open the door, and welcomed in a smiling Erika who had a big paper bag filled with gifts in her left hand, and a young girl clinging tightly to her right arm.

"Hey Izaya-kun!" She greeted cheerfully as she entered the warm house, "This is my younger sister, Heather."

At the mention of her name, the young girl looked up at the ravenette. She had dark brown hair just like her sister, and it was short, as it just barely reached her shoulders.

She had a fluffy hat on her head which she immediately took off, revealing a few tangled strands of her wavy hair. Erika helped her in taking off her scarf, which was hiding most her face.

Her nose, ears and cheeks were coated in a shade of red due to the cold, but she seemed relatively warm as she proceeded to take off her colourful rainbow gloves, and her light pink coat which had various floral designs.

She seemed more comfortable now, with a blue sweater that had two adorable foxes knitted on it, black leggings and shorts that went up to her knees and some comfortable looking sneakers that could light up from the bottom.