Audience

-Izaya Orihara-

Izaya was never one to particularly reminisce in the past and get lost in the intriquite webs of it  that he had weaved so perfectly thoughout his life. But he couldn't help it now, that he was about to walk across a pathway that would lead him to the promising phrases of "I Do's". And he thought that the audience he had would distract him, there were plenty of people from the city there all in their seats, and some wore expressions of awe while others only showed up to see if such an event was truly happening right before their eyes. There were familiar faces too of course, he had his sisters walking down the isle already, and although their foot steps might have lacked grace, they made up for it with the smile that their lips bore.

And walking right behind them was Erika as well, and sure he could only see the back of her head, and her dainty little dress, but he could imagine the tears pooling in her eyes, and appreciated her effort to not scream with joy. And he knew as well that she refrained from that not because it was un-lady like, but it was in consideration and respect for her friend, and that alone was enough to make his lips curl into a smile of their own. And in his audience there were the other important people of his life, there was Shinra, and Celty right next to him, wearing a dress for once, and as Izaya took note of that detail, he was almost reminded how important this event was.

As he looked around he caught glimpses of his students too, even though now it was a week past their graduation, and spring came to life with cherry blossoms and sun beams, they still insisted on coming, and Izaya could never find it in himself to stop them. And it was right before he had to step out onto the centre of the carpet that was laid on the grassy floor (it was an out-doors wedding of course) that he cought a glimpse of curled brunette hair, and a bright yellow dress, and his throat was closing up as his heart beat in his chest and he wondered if it was really her. But he didn't have to wonder for long, because she turned her head; maybe she felt his gaze on her, or perhaps it was to feel the spring breeze better, but that didn't matter, not now of course. Because dark brown met bright red, and her lips were transforming into a bright wide smile that hurt her cheeks for sure, but she smiled on till her eyes crinkled, and Izaya felt himself reciprocating the gesture at his old therapist; his old teacher, perhaps even his old friend.

And all of a sudden music started playing, and although his heart was beating faster than it should have, and he felt his skin drain of colour to leave him a pale white, the melody must have put his legs in a trance, as he stepped forward, finally coming into clear view for his audience. He felt like some person of royalty, with his polished shoes, and black suit. But his slightly messy hair would have given it away, and his flustered expression wasn't helping in giving him an image of grace. It's not like that worried him though, he walked forward with elegance, facing any worries head on, but then his eyes met Shizuo's who was further away from him, and suddenly all concern left him.

Shizuo's eyes went soft as he made eye contact with Izaya, his lips quirked into a smile so genuine that it made Izaya falter. He could already hear him whispering "You look so beautiful" and "I love you" as he had done a hundred times before, but it was still enough to make the ravenette's heart flutter. Today he would accept those compliments and return the gesture instead of teasing the other like he normally did.

Even now, as he was walking down the isle, or perhaps almost dancing through a practised choreography as he held Shizuo's gaze, he still wasn't sure as to how he grasped and held Shizuo's heart. The man was dressed in a suit identical to Izaya's, except it was white instead of the sleek black that the ravenette loved so much. But even though Shizuo's presence alone demanded his attention, he still remembered the horrible day it was, for the rain was pouring and Izaya was walking back home drenched from head to toe, cursing himself for offering his umbrella to one of his other more forgetful students, completely dismissing the fact that he would suffer the consequences.