Chapter 5: I Thought You Were Dead

-Shizuo Heiwajima-

It was only about 11:00am when Shinra had called the artificial blonde, but he was already fuming in rage.

On that particular morning when he was collecting un-payed dept with his friend Tom, they had to deal with a very interesting individual. The man had about 30, but he was either new in town or completely insane, as he had challenged Shizuo to a fight.

The ex bartender had refused at first, he hated violence and over the past few years he only resolved to fighting in extreme situations- but the stranger decided to punch Tom in the face when Shizuo didn't comply.

That's when all hell broke lose. The only thing Shizuo regretted, was that he crushed his unfinished cigarette under his shoe, before he grabbed the nearest stop sign. Luckily, Tom wasn't too damaged, he only had a slight bruise on his right cheek.

After that Tom decided to take Shizuo to a nearby cafe for a snack in an attempt to calm him down. Thats when Shizuo's phone buzzed to life. He was tempted to ignore the call, but when he saw it was Shinra who was trying to reach him, he grudgingly answered the call since it might have been important.

"Hey Shizuo! How are you, it has certainly been a while since we've talked!"

The brunette's voice was jittery- more than usual, almost as if he was nervous. Not that Shizuo bothered to notice- he was still fuming about his previous fight. Nonetheless, Shizuo grumbled back a reply.

"What do you want? Does this have to do with Celty?"

Since Shinra rarely ever called, the artificial blonde suspected it was something that concerned the headless rider- who knows, maybe she's in trouble?

"No, no Celty's fine! She's making lunch right now!"

A dreamy sigh left the brunette's lips before he continued, his tone of voice getting more nervous by the second.

"Listen I really need you to come over my place as soon as possible. There is... something you have to know about."

"What the hell? I'm not coming over to your place for no reason Shinra."

Shizou's voice was filled with irritation- it made even Tom, who was infront of him trying to peacefully drink some coffee, flinch. But to the ex bartender's surprise Shinra continued with a more serious tone.

"Please you need to know about this before someone else tells you."

The artificial blonde couldn't say much to that, it sounded serious so he might as well comply right?

"Fine-okay, fine."

Shizou sighed in frustration before continuing.

"Right now I'm still working with Tom so I'll probably come over at night. Maybe 7pm or something. Now I gotta go, anything else?"

"No no nothing else... thanks for agreeing to come over!"

The brunette ended his sentence with a nervous chuckle before he continued in a more downbeat tone.

"And when you do come over, just remember... things change... and people change too."

Shizuo, was now barely listening to Shinra as his well needed coffee arrived. So he just grunted in response before ending the call. He drank in silence for a while before Tom spoke up.