chapter three

The tension between Luke, April and the sharp-tongued girl was beyond words; it was like coming out to his family all over again. From the quick glances to the snigger from the unknown girl whenever April's headphones fell out. The flight itself was long and tiresome but allowed Luke to observe his competition for the placement from the high ranked college. The journey felt endless and boredom was creeping in. Luckily for Luke, he had drifted off into a deep slumber with a soft pink blanket covering him, that was supplied by the airline. Whilst Luke dreamt of soft clouds and holding hands with an angel; the two girls continued to bicker.

Beep boop beep
" hello flyers, this is your captain T.Seal Kohm's speaking, I hope the flight has been as smooth and wonderful as... hold on.." the captain ended the call and passengers began to fret, some even pressing the assistance button like it was oxygen. Eventually, the captain returned to the overhead speakers to crack up a makeup joke since the flight was full of young boys and girls attending the college. Within 15 minutes after the terrible joke, the plane had landed and Luke woke up with a jump as it hit the ground. " oh fuck, did I miss something!!" Which broke the silence of the passengers, resulting in the blonde to blush furiously.

Before long, the group was ready to board a bus, that had cursive writing and pink cushioned seats waiting out front of the airport. Luke looked around for Micheal and Cindy but couldn't find them anywhere. It'll be okay Luke tries to convince himself but epically fails as his eyes begin to well up with tears from fear and panic. As he boarded the bus, everyone was already chatting amongst themselves, it was high school all over again. Luke managed to get a window seat on his own but before leaving a short guy jumped onto the bus with a lost expression. Everyone had reminded oblivious to the unknown boy, besides Luke who gave a brief wave and eyed the seat next to him. Luckily the boy understood and quickly rushed over, almost out of breath and sighs out a thank you towards Luke.  " I'm Charlie by the way " however Luke hadn't heard the soft-spoken boy and was too lost in his own mind to start a heart-to-heart conversation, resulting in the smaller boy to slouch and let out another sigh.

A couple rows ahead, Michael and Cindy were drawing pictures on the icy window and discussing who looks friendly and who looks like a royal bitch. " Cindy trust me, that American chick with those overdrawn eyebrows is totally a bitch " Michael snickered looking at the girl across the row from Cindy and himself. " Michael, just because she looks like a two-year-old's self-portrait, doesn't mean she's a bitch" both laughing at the grungy girls' comment, gaining attention from the spoken about girl and making the pair shut their mouths.

On the other side of the bus, Luke was now falling asleep against the window, blankly looking at his phone that had no messages, nothing besides a welcome from the London airport that lingered in his inbox. " Hey, are you a beautician or a fashionista" Charlie attempting to speak to Luke again, but yet again Luke didn't reply until someone whacked him square on the crown of his head. " stop ignoring the kid princess, get off your high horse and try be friendly" the rude beautiful girl from the plane bluntly spoke with an eye roll. " oh, sorry Charlie I'm a beautician, what about you?" The small boy snapped up his lowered head and smiled, " me too, I'm into special effects makeup, I hope my skills can get me to work for big movie directors. Gosh, imagine my work on guys like Chris Hemsworth" Luke let out a chuckle at the boys' excitement, making Charlie realise he was rambling and redden in the face. " Don't worry man, that sounds amazing" the pair continued to discuss all sorts of things and before they knew it, the bus pulls up in front of a mansion, leaving everyone gobsmacked. This was the elite college and Luke was prepared to fight with everything he's got.

Suddenly a tall, polished woman emerged from the staircase at the front of the bus.

" Greetings everyone, my name is Mrs Windsor and I'll be taking you all inside. Welcome to London's College of Beauty and Fashion, come this way and collect your bags. While I've been talking the bellboys have been sorting the bags into dorm room numbers, all the best and don't ruin this grand opportunity". With that, Mrs Windsor left and everyone rushed off the bus to find their bags. Luke waited for everyone to offload the bus, to avoid the cluster of people rushing to their bags. Once out, Luke began looking for his bags in the sea of luggage. Whilst looking, Luke caught sight of Charlie and rushed over to join him. " Hi Charlie, by the way, my name is Luke I feel I forgot to tell you " the shorter boy nodded and avoided looking Luke in the eye which made Luke frown and go back to the searching for his generic black suitcase that had a star keychain. Eventually, people had cleared out and Luke found the bags resting against the silver coloured fencing with a number tag fluttering around against the handles of his bag. Room 214.