chapter five

The weeks past and nothing had changed for Luke. The young boy still got looked down upon and spent most of his time alone and wishing that his best friend would reply to him; Charlie's attitude would change but he continued to be sour towards the blonde. Luke was beginning to remember why his parents thought that completing school and becoming a makeup artist was a stupid dream, that wasted year of education. Everything was moving in slow motion for the young lad but the world was moving fast around him. Madam Christen had begun to notice the boys change of mood as the days and weeks past. There was potential in the young man but so far he's been nothing special. So when the whole class was held back during her lesson, it was time to announce truly how difficult it is to score the position. " I know you're all excited for your first free-time weekend but I have a very important announcement to make", everyone listened attentively besides Luke who was busy turning on and off his phone to pass the time. " as you know, the rate of acceptance into the end of this course is little to nothing, so from next week on after every week five of you will be kicked out of the course until we're down to only a few of you. If you thought receiving mediocre results would get you by, you're certainly incorrect. Enjoy your weekend students, we'll see you bright and early in the studio on Monday where you'll be doing a surprise transformation". With Madam Christen's wave of a hand, the students rushed out to prepare for Friday night antics or taking the night easy. For Luke, he just needed to get out and do some soul searching before the lack of pride caught up with him. Upon heading back to his room, Charlie was crying on the phone to someone uttering reassuring phrases like 'you'll be okay' or 'don't stop talking please' and while Luke wanted to know what's going on, he felt the smaller boy didn't want to have Luke question him. Within a few minutes, Luke had undressed and redressed into something comfier for walking rather than tight skinny jeans and a shirt with his name embroidered onto the sleeves. Instead, he changed into some sports shorts that Luke secretly knew complimented his assets and a big grey jumper with some simple black shoes and high lilac socks to walk in. As the boy headed towards the door, Charlie let out a scream for him to stop. " Don't open the door Luke, we need to talk" but Luke looked at him with a sad smile and muttered " we'll talk when I get back, you can't suddenly demand things when you've been quite arrogant since we got here. I'll see you later" and before Charlie could argue the door shut.

>First person (Luke)<

I have never felt this emotionally exhausted. While the teachers did compliment me about my first project plan and colour palette selection range, I remain feeling empty. Charlie treats me like some burden he must live with and I just want to feel like I belong. And my work is taken for a joke to the other students. Soon enough I found myself standing out the front of the closed gym, sighing at the idiocy I display by frequently returning to the place and rushing away before the mysterious guy sees me. It's like a game of cat and mouse but the cat always misses the mouse. I continued to stare longingly at the empty gym, almost praying he'll appear. The whole moment felt cinematic as a collection of golden and copper curls emerged behind me, staring at me from the reflection, giving me a fright. My heart beat began to increase at the presence of the tall and golden haired man. "Got another package kid?" the deep accent of my very own god spoke behind me. Then attempting to touch my shoulder but from nerves I flinched and he reverted the action. Curses my nerves.

"Just tell my mum I don't need her help and packages okay? Also, why do you keep coming here, are you wanting to sign up kiddo?".

My mind began to race, trapping me in a nervous and speechless state; it's almost like the attractive man didn't need to touch my shoulder to have ahold of me. "You alright there blondie?" I couldn't comprehend words but managed to nod and give this slanted smile. This seemed to satisfy him because he stopped staring at me like I'm a lost lamb.

" How about you join me for a drink, and hopefully you'll feel a bit more comfortable to talk to me. Maybe even tell me about this school my mum teaches at?"

The realisation that someone wanted to give me the time of day to speak about how I feel, almost excited me. " I would love that, very much indeed".

Before long we found ourselves outside of a little cafe that Ashton, who I finally knew the name of rather than my golden god, simply just A because of the water bottle or black hearts; took us to. The smell of fresh coffee beans and sweets filled the cafe upon entering, it was extremely enticing to try every sweet they baked but choosing just one would subside for now.

Once Ashton and I were seated with his fruit juice and my hot chocolate with a little cake decorated with candy bows, we were settled. " I'm Luke by the way" Ashton looked up shocked at my voice or name; " You're that Luke? My mum talks about you a lot, I wouldn't say always good things but I'd say take what you get". Why would Madam Christen talk about me? Especially to her son, who has no interest in the school nor me. " I can tell you're fazed by this, don't be Luke. Just keep doing what you like but a tip from the sidelines from me to you, she wants you to amplify your work, not sure how but that's all I've got to advice you". It's very sweet Ashton wants to help me, nearly as sweet as the cake but I still felt down. "I'll keep it in mind, thank you Ash", before my brain could comprehend the words which slipped, my cheeks had already realised and were bright red.

" I'm so sorry, I mean Ashton"
" don't be sorry."
"oh"
" I like the nickname but call me what you like"

The small exchange of under toned flirting made me feel warm inside and maybe I'm naive but I felt like I had someone to talk to, when the world was against me. "Hey Ashton, thanks for talking with me, I needed it". He gave me a slight nod but avoided looking at me, rather he continued staring at someone else.

Charlie had walked in and to say the least, he was dressed to impress. This was a sign for me to go before I get hurt. Quickly, I muttered bye to Ashton and walked out into the cold London weather, breathing it all in before walking the opposite direction to the gym.

What I didn't know was, Ashton had ran out and began sprinting towards the gym, thinking I'd go there but we were not destined to meet there today, and maybe it's for the best.