{4} Coming To A Decision

When morning came, Ruka was in a tree, looking up at the sunny sky with a frown on her face. She didn't want to see anybody today because she is still conflicted about what squad 7 told her. 

Ruka didn't sleep at all last night and she didn't know what to do with herself. She didn't kill those warriors that entered into the forest last night because she wanted to see with her own eyes if they were just looking for her to kidnap her, or bring her back to her mother. 

Ruka didn't know what to think at the time. All she wanted to do was be alone and have some time to think. 

As Ruka walked through the forest, she came across something that as out of the ordinary. 

She was at the entrance of the forest and when she looked down, there was a white flower sticking up from the ground. 

No flowers were in the forest. There never were. But this was the only flower that Ruka has seen in ages. "What's a flower doing here? There are no flowers in the forest. There aren't suppose to be." Ruka tells herself. 

She kneels down and examines the flower, not wanting to pull it out from the ground because it seemed special. 

In day, or night, it shines, clearing the darkness around its place so its beauty will shine. And for some reason, Ruka felt so attached to this flower. She couldn't explain it. It felt like she's seen this flower before. 

***********************

Squad 7 had already woken up and ate breakfast, and they were ready to head back to the forest to check on Ruka. "Thank you for your hospitality." Kakashi tells Tatsuya. 

"It was no trouble at all. If you do run into the maiden again, please tell her to come home to her mother. She misses her daughter so dearly that she was crying last night. Please, ask the maiden to reunite with her mother." Tatsuya gives Kakashi a charming smile. 

"We will try our best. But, you know, the girl has been through a lot. So, it won't be easy trying to convince her. She's just. . . confused on what's going on. If possible, can you bring Ruka's mother into the forest?" 

"Oh, no. That can't be done. You see, the Willow Maiden cannot leave this place or else she will wither away. There's no other way around that. I'm sorry." 

"I see. . ." Kakashi gives him a narrowed eye look. "Then, how were you able to get her here? If we were to take Ruka out of the forest, won't she wither away as well?" 

"Not likely. My people and I carry a special antidote for maidens like Ruka and her mother. If you bring her here, I will show you what I mean." Tatsuya smiles at Kakashi. 

The Jounin had nothing else to say. So, he took his word and left the Grass Village with his squad. 

When they returned to the forest, they searched for Ruka in her small home, but she wasn't there. "Hey, where did she go?" Naruto asked as he wandered around the house.

"She doesn't seem to here." Sakura states. 

"Hmm. . . Where she go?" Kakashi wondered. 

"I didn't go anywhere. . ." Ruka walked into the house while rubbing her eye. "What are you guys doing here? . . ." She frowns at them, but at the same time glares. 

"We came to check on you, of course. You know, to see how you're doing. Sakura nervously smiles at the girl. 

"Yeah, right. . ." Ruka lies in her bed and curls up, bringing her knees to her chest. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Naruto noticed that she's acting more sad than usual. "Are you okay?" He walks over to her. 

"Listen, Ruka, we really want to help you, but you have to trust us. Your mother is worried sick about you and she can't leave the Grass Village or else she will wither away." Kakashi informs her.