{50} Ruka's Unknown Half Brother?

"It is not possible. . . H-How? . ." Ruka looks up at the other Willow Maiden before her. "I do not understand. You are a copy. . .of me?" She questioned. 

"It is possible, sis." The young man smiles. "Forgive me. I have not introduced myself. I am Shinsuke. And, you see, we both come from the same mother. Her blood runs through my veins, along with the man who created me, Tatsuya." 

"Are you telling me that Tatsuya used his, and my mother's blood to create you?" Ruka glares.

"Yes." Shinsuke nods. "However, I was. . .incomplete. There was an error in the laboratory. After taking your mother out of the Willow Forest, he managed to get a sample from her, and used his blood to combine to create me. But, Tatsuya did not realize the consequences when creating another Willow species. You know how hostile we can be, yes?" 

"It is called fear. It overwhelms up and has us do the unthinkable. It gives us no choice but to protect ourselves from the unknown." Ruka answers. 

"Exactly." Shinsuke closes his eyes and calmly smiles. "After being created, I went on a riot and escaped the Hidden Grass Village. With Tatsuya's genes inside of me, I was able to move freely and walk beyond the Willow Forest. But, during my escape, I saw you. I saw you in that Willow Forest, Ruka. Right then, I knew that you and I were the same. You were whole, while I was different. That is why I kept a keen eye on you." 

"What are you saying?" Ruka takes a step back. 

"What I am saying is, I want to be exactly like you. I want to understand your ways of a Willow Maiden; What mother has taught you." 

"So, you have been stalking me this whole time?" 

"Stalking is such a strong word. I prefer to call it, observing you. I wanted nothing more than to be just like you, so that you and I can be properly bother and sister." 

"I do not think I understand. . . You wish to know about me, and want to be me. . . What you are saying is, you want to live up to your expectations as a Willow Maiden?" 

"Yes." Shinsuke smiles again. 

"But, doing all this is not going to help. Instead of observing me, why not have me help you understand the ways of a Willow Maiden. I will teach you what Mama has taught me. You do not have to keep all of this." 

"Oh, but I must. It is the only way to understand you. Having your help will be a burden on me. Being. . .up there." Shinsuke looks up at ceiling, having Ruka do the same. 

"You are afraid to go up to the surface." Ruka assumed. "You must have encountered many great things. So you hid yourself down here to avoid any dangers." 

"I guess you could say that. I killed most of the people who stood in my way. So I hid down here. But it was so much fun." 

"What?!" 

"I know you have killed many men before, sister. Was it not fun? I know deep down you have wanted to kill many shinobi. I know the feeling, Ruka." Shinsuke smirks and walks over to Ruka. 

"I. . ." Ruka looks down at the ground. 

"You cannot resist the urge, can you? In order to protect yourself, you must kill. I felt the same way when every shinobi tried to hurt me. You still have the seed you once implanted in your teammates when you were younger, correct?" 

"How did you-" 

"I know almost every detail about you, Ruka. After all, I am your brother." Shinsuke smiles. "Earlier, you said you wanted to put that seed to good use. Were you planning on implanting that seed into somebody else? You naughty girl." 

"No, I was not! I was only thinking. . ." Ruka trailed off and went back to glaring at Shinsuke. "Instead of being down here and observing me, why not come up to the surface with me. You do not have to live down here for the rest of your life. The Leaf Village is a safe place, and everyone that I know is very nice and caring." 

"Living up there? In the Leaf Village?" 

"Yes."

"Not everyone is nice and caring as you think they are. You, of all people, should know that. There is one person who is trying to get their hands on you. . . On us. You should know him. He is with the Akatsuki. Obito Uchiha." 

"Obito? I have never met someone under that name." Ruka blinks. 

"He goes by the name, Tobi. I have seen the way he looks at you. He wants nothing more than to use you for your power. That is why he took you away from your team. He was going to use you after Sasuke brought back the 8 tails." 

"H-How. . . How do you know all this?" 

"You really are slow, sis. I am always watching you, and the events that happen around you." 

"But, Tobi has been nice to me. . . When the Akatsuki took me in, he kept me company. . ." Ruka frowned. "He would not use me. I know he would not. . ." 

"Knowing the situation, leading to war, he will want your power. You are a very strong woman, sis. Controlling the Green and having wood style, you are the most powerful being in the world. Who would not want you for your power?" 

Ruka frowned and looked at the ground. Shinsuke gently placed his hand on her head and sighed. 

"I am only telling you this because I am looking out for you. I know what you have endured, and those memories are still haunting you. You cannot let go of it because deep down it scares you tot he very core. I know the feeling. You and I are alike. We are not so different from each other." 

"Then. . . What should I do?" 

"Do what you have always been doing, Ruka." Shinsuke leans down to Ruka's ear and whispers, "Fight." 

After that, Ruka and Basil left the chambers. Shinsuke decided to stay in his safe place, but allowed Ruka to tell Tsunade about him. Shinsuke didn't care if his identity went out into the open. All that really mattered t him was Ruka. 

"Another one of you?" Tsuande questioned Ruka, after hearing about Shinsuke. 

"Yes, but he is a copy created by Tatsuya. He has been observing me this whole time. Ever since the disappearance, and death, of my mother. He probably knows things that we do not. Like how war is coming soon. . . He knows what is going to happen." Ruka frowns. 

"Where is this Shinsuke person now?" 

"He. . .did not want me to tell you about his whereabouts. He is. . .shy. . . Paranoid like how I use to be when I first came to the village." 

"That's understandable." Tsunade sighs. "So, what do you suggest we do?" 

"Actually, it is more what I should be doing. . . And I want to help out the best I can." 

"Ruka, you are in recovery. You have been through enough. Participating for battle is the last thing you need right now." 

"I know that, but I wish to help. . . I do not want others fighting for me. I want to fight alongside with people who have been there for me. I want to do the same for them. . . Please. Allow me to do this." 

". . .It's risky, Ruka. You do realize that, don't you?" Tsunade sighs. 

"Yes. I understand." 

"Is this what you really want to do?" 

"Yes. . ." 

"So stubborn." Tsunade clicks her tongue and gets out of her chair, then looks out the window. "You remind me of Naruto. I think he's rubbing off on you." She turns back to Ruka with a smirk. 

"Is that a yes?" Ruka blinks. 

"Yep." Tsunade nods. 

Ruka gasps with a bright smile and bows as she says, "Arigatōgozaimasu, Tsunade-sama!" {Thank you so much, Lady Tsunade!}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~