{49} The Secret Chamber & The Copy

The next few days have been quiet. While Naruto, Kakashi, and Sakura continued to search for Sasuke, Ruka walked around the village with her summoning, Basil. "You look beautiful, Milady." Basil complimented. "What happened to your red hair?" 

"It had faded and went back to its original color. Brown was my natural hair color. Over the years it had dyed to a shade of red." Ruka answered. 

"What happened to you? Lady Tsunade said that you were a whole different person. Both of your skin and hair was green." 

"I. . .am not sure myself." Ruka stopped walking and looked down at her feet. 'What did happen to me? . . . I do not remember turning into that at all. . . One minute I am helping Sasuke fight the 8 tails, then after I got stabbed, I lost consciousness. . . What did happen to me? . . .' Ruka thought to herself. 

"Milady?" Basil questioned her owner when she noticed that she was no longer speaking. 

"It is nothing." Ruka shakes her head and continues to walk. "Pein. . .is dead, right?" Ruka questioned.

"Yes. Naruto defeated him." 

"And. . .Jiraiya?" 

"Also deceased, Milady. . ." Basil frowns. 

"I see. . ." 

"By the way, Milady, I found something while you were out on your mission." Basil looks up at her owner with a frown. "I think you should have a look at it." 

"Huh?" Ruka raises an eyebrow and follows Basil to the KIA stone. "Basil, why are you taking me here? It is the KIA stone." 

"Look closely, Milady." Basil presses her paw on a part of the stone and a passage way leading underground. 

"What. . .is this?" Ruka's eyes widened. 

"This way." Basil led Ruka down the passage way to a tunnel. It lead to a chamber filled with flowers, full grown vines, and healthy roots all around. 

"What is this place, Basil?" Ruka walks around the chamber and picks up a file. 

"I'm not quite sure myself, Milady. I stumbled upon it while you were on your mission. However, I did get a good look at the files, but the pictures. . . Please, take a look at them. They are pictures of your birthplace, and your mother." 

Ruka's eyes widen when she sees the pictures that were pinned on the wall. There were pictures of her mother, different spots of the Willow Forest, flowers, trees, and most of all, Ruka herself. "Wh-Who. . .did this?" 

"That I cannot answer. I don't know who did this. This is the 2nd time discovering it myself, but this time with you. Somebody has been keeping tabs on you ever since you were born in the Willow Forest." 

"So, a secret admirer? How is that even possible? Unless, they were a spy in the Hidden Grass Village." 

"There is no telling." 

"All of this. . .is frightening. . ." Ruka frowned as she looked at the picture of her mother. 'They even knew about Mother. . . And some of these pictures have me with her. . . How long have they been following me? . . . I cannot tell for sure. . .' She thought. 

"Milady?" Basil questioned her owner. 

"Nothing. . ." Ruka shakes her head. "Who would do all of this? What does all this mean? These files have every bit of information about my mother and I. Our specialties, our triggers, our weaknesses, and our source of power. Whoever had done this, they must have a lot of time on their hands." 

"And took their time with you. But who?" 

"Probably someone in the Leaf Village. After all, this is underneath the Leaf Village KIA Stone. So, it has to be somebody in the Leaf Village. . . But, who?. . ." Ruka grabs the files and the pictures, then shoves them in her weapon pouch. "We have to get this to Lady Tsunade and tell her about the chambers." 

"Agreed. Let's go." Basil leads the way out of chamber, but only to be caught in a net trap. It was fired at her. 

"Basil!" Ruka shouted and ran to her summoning. "Hold on! I will get you out!" Ruka takes out a kunai and attempts to cut the rope, but Basil warned, 

"Milady, behind you!" 

Ruka turned around to see thorns coming at her and wrapping around her neck. Ruka grunts as she was lifted in the air by the thorns. "Is this. . . a trap?!" 

"Not likely. . . Sis." An unknown voice spoke from the dark. "But, you are trespassing in my chambers. I thought you had better manners than that." 

"S-sis?" Ruka questions. 'But, I do not have any siblings. . . Who is doing this!?' She thought. "Who are you!? Why are you doing this?" 

"Why am I doing this, you ask? Because you are trespassing, and I do not believe I invited you. This is my domain. My turf. My territory. We Willow People have to keep what is ours safe from the unknown. Would you not agree?"  

'He speaks just like I do. . . Who. . . ?' 

"However. . . It is an honor to finally meet you, Ruka of the Willow Forest. Daughter of the Former Willow Maiden." Someone steps into the light and smirks at Ruka with a kind, charming smile. 

He had green hair, green eyes, and dressed very nicely. He walked over to Ruka as he released the thorns that were tightening around her neck. 

Ruka dropped to her knees and coughed while holding her throat before looking up at the young man. "You. . .  You speak the same as me. . . Yet, you give out a whole different scent based off your thorns. . . It cannot be possible. . ." 

"Are you saying what I think you are saying, sis? If that is the case, then you are correct. It is not possible. I am a whole different species compared to you. Watashi wa. . .anata." {I am. . .you.} 

"A copy. . . !" Ruka's eyes widened. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~