{25} The Fall Of Squad 7

After the fight with Ruka's old teammates, her and Zetsu went back to the Akatsuki hideout, and Zetsu told the Akatsuki everything of what Ruka is capable of.

Meanwhile for Ruka, she walked around in her garden, thinking long and hard about the boy she couldn't get her mind off of.

Naruto Uzumaki. 

For some reason, he wasn't erased from her mind. His image was still in her memory, but Ruka didn't know who he was. But, she felt attached to him. 'Who are you? . . . Why can I not get you out of my head? . . .' Ruka thought as she looked down at the pond below her. 

Meanwhile, the Akatsuki was listening to what Zetsu had to say about Ruka's battle with squad 7. "Her wood style jutsu is very strong, and combined with her music, she can make all of the Greens in the forest." 

"She's called the Willow Maiden for a reason. Of course she can do that." Hidan spats while rolling his eyes. 

"t's not just the Wood Style Jutsu and her singing, Hidan. The girl can use the thorns from inside her body." 

"Well that's something we haven't heard. She can't feel any pain when she does this? Hn." Deidara asks. 

"It doesn't seem hurt her at all. But she can't remember anything. Not even her own teammates." 

"Teammates?" Kisame repeats. 

"The CopyCat Ninja, Kakashi Hatake. The 9 Tailed Fox, Naruto Uzumaki. Sasuke Uchiha, and a girl with pink hair. Those were her teammates, but she couldn't seem to remember them. Although, she does remember a man name Tatsuya." 

"Tatsuya?" Itachi repeats the name. 

"Apparently, he killed Ruka's mother by snatching her out of the forest. She was the Former Willow Maiden, but she was never to leave her forest since it was her birthplace." 

"That's when Mama turned into a flower. . ." Ruka suddenly appears in the center of the Akatuki with a dark look on her face.

"Ruka!" Zetsu exclaims.

"Tatsuya built a replica of Mama by using puppet parts and tried to lure me out of the forest so that I would be his bride, so that could be Kage of the Grass Village. . . What I do know is that Mama is remains in the Willow Forest, but I do not remember what happened to Tatsuya. . ." 

"But you don't remember Kakashi Hatake?" Pein asks her and she shakes her head. "I see. . . The less you know about these people, the better. What you need is rest. Itachi, take Ruka to her room." 

"Hai." Itachi nods his head and takes Ruka to her bedroom. Ruka sits on the bed and looks down at her lap as Itachi stares at her. "Are you alright?" 

"No. . . I want to remember. . .but my memory is a blur. I cannot remember anything but my Mama. . . Do you know who these people were, Itachi?" 

"I do. Would you like me to tell you who they are?" 

"No, thank you. I am tired and I want to go to sleep. . ." Ruka closes her eyes and lies down on the bed, falling fast asleep. Itachi pulls the blankets over Ruka's body and leaves the room so that she could rest. 

Meanwhile, squad 7 returned to the village and Kakashi had told Tsunade about Ruka's whereabouts. He explained to her, "One of the Akatsuki Members took Ruka's flower and brought her back to life, but she has no memory of us. Not her own team." 

"So she has joined the Akatsuki?" Tsuande raises an eyebrow. 

"Yes. Sakura tried helping Ruka recover some memory, but she only remembers Tatsuya and her mother. I think it hurts Ruka to remember anything but it might trigger the bad ones. I don't think there's much we can do." 

"We can't harm Ruka or else she will think that we are the enemy. The only other option I can come up with is capturing Ruka and bringing her back to the village. It's not the best idea, but it is all I can do for now. How is Naruto taking this?" 

"Not so good. . ." Kakashi frowns. "I know that him and Ruka were close. Seeing her in the Akatsuki really upset him, and the fact that she can't remember a thing. He plans to bring her back to the village, but she is too strong. With every chance Ruka has, she will use the Wood Style jutsu." 

"I see. . . How's the rest of the team taking this?" 

"They're not taking it well. . . Sasuke's been acting strangely and Sakura's depressed. Without Ruka, this team is falling apart." 

"Then we will have to do what we can to bring Ruka to the village." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry to make it short, Mina. (Everyone) So, here's a head's up for the next chapter. There will be a time skip, moving onto Shippuden, and more will be revealed! See you all in the next chapter!