{10} Enter The Leaf Village, Living Arrangements

After a long walk from the Grass Village, squad 7 and reinforcements finally made it to the leaf village. "You're going to love it here in the village, Ruka! I'm gonna give you the grand tour!" Naruto cheers while smiling at the Willow Maiden who is walking beside him. 

"Don't jump ahead, Naruto. We have to introduce her to Lady Hokage first, then see what she decides to do with her. Afterward, we're not sure what could happen." Kakashi explains the plan once they get to the village. 

"But, Ruka is going to be okay, isn't she? I mean, she's been through a lot and-" 

"It's alright, Sakura." Ruka interrupts Sakura as she gives her a gentle smile. "I am a bit scared, but this is what my mother wanted when we left the Willow Forest." 

Once entering into the leaf village, squad 7 takes Ruka to the Hokage Tower so she can meet Tsunade. When they enter, Tsunade and Shizune are quite surprised once they lay their eyes on Ruka. "Who is this girl, Kakashi?" Tsunade asks the Jounin. 

"This is Ruka of the Willow Forest. She was the one who sent the message to you." Kakashi explains, which causes Tsunade to blink a few times. "She was under attack by the Grass Shinobi Warriors, led by Tatsuya Ishikawa." 

"Is that so?" Tsunade turns her attention back at the small girl. "Mind telling me a little bit about yourself, and your story of how this all happened?" 

"Yes, Ma'am." Ruka nods her head and begins to tell, "Long ago, my mother was the Former Willow Maiden of our homeland. I was created by her songs and her powers that she was blessed with. 

She raised me within the forest and taught me her songs. However, our abilites were different. She had power over the trees, roots, and the branches, while I had the power over thorns. No matter big or small. 

Then, one day a man with a quiver and a hunting entered into the forest and fell in love with my mother. Each week he would come visit her, but only 3 times. Once, he told her to 'come thy from the willow bed', but she denied him. 

The next week, he came back in a coat of green as he carried a yellow bloom. He asked for my mother's hand in marriage, and my mother said she'd said she wed him never. Not near, nor far, no soon. 

On the third week, he came with an axe in his hands, sharp as a knife. . . He would take the green-eyed fairy and she shall be his wife. With her she will raise his children. With her he'll live his life. My mother wept when he said that he would set her free. 

So my mother told me to hide. There, I watched the man cut down her acient tree and forcibly took her out of the forest. I followed them, and when my mother walked but a distance out of the forest, she collapsed. . .

Afterwards, she had faded into a flower that would bloom for one bright eve, that the man could not take from the forest that was never meant to leave. . . I was so scared for my mother that I fled and that same day haunted me.

I had forgotten about this certain event that occurred because many grass village warriors came after me. As I was frightened, I had to defend myself somehow. When fear corrupted my body, I had unleashed my abilites upon the forest. 

Each day I killed many people in order to keep myself safe. I was scared that if I ever walked out of the forest I would end up just like my mother. . ." At the end of Ruka's story, tears streamed down her cheeks as she closed her eyes. 

Shizune silently cried after hearing the Maiden's story. Squad 7, except for Kakashi, were sadly frowning during her story. "It sounds like you've endured a lot, Ruka. I am truly sorry for your lost. But you are safe now as long as you remain in the leaf village." 

"Are you telling me that I can stay here with Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi?" Ruka lifts her head up, surprised by Tsunade's words, even though didn't show it that much because of he emotionless eyes. 

"Yes." Tsunade gives Ruka a closed eye smile. "Therefore, you'll be apart of squad 7." 

"Alright! Thanks a lot, Granny Tsunade!" Naruto cheers with a bright smile. "Ruka can live with me, right?!" 

"No way, Naruto. Your house is a mess. When was the last time you cleaned it?" Sakura scoffs at him. 

"Hey, I can clean the place up a bit. Why do you have to criticize?" 

"I'm telling the truth!" Seieng how Naruto and Sakura were already in an argument, Kakashi decided to stay out of it. This was normal since his squad is always arguing with each other. He would take Ruka home with him, but he doesn't think it will suit her since he has perverted books lying around. 

Just to end the little feud, Sasuke walks over to Ruka and grabs her hand as he announces, with his eyes closed, "She's staying at my place." 

Everyone in the room a bit surprised that Sasuke would offer to take Ruka under his roof. It didn't seem like him. "Then it's settled. Ruka, you'll be living with Sasuke Uchiha. Is that alright with you?" Tsunade asks the girl. 

"Yes, Ma'am." Ruka nods her head once more. 

"I'm glad we've come to an agreement. You've come a long way. How about you rest a bit. Tomorrow, you'll be officially apart of the team, squad 7." 

"Thank you, Lady Hokage." Ruka bows her head while closing her eyes. Squad 7, and Ruka, leave the Hokage tower and call it a day. Sasuke takes Ruka to the Uchiha compound, taking her to his house. 

"Your room is over here. Follow me." Sasuke takes her to the spare bedroom. "Since you like Greens and sunlight, this is the only room that's close to that. Do you like it?" 

"Mhm.Thank you, Sasuke." Ruka smiles gently at the Uchiha, as if she were smirking. "I hope I won't be troubling you during my stay." 

"You won't. . ." Sasuke blushes, then leaves the room to leave Ruka to her rest. But Ruka doesn't go straight to bed. She walks over to the window and sees the view of the entire village. To her, this is a new life for her, yet she doesn't know how things work here. 

Things are going to be different for her. She starts a new life and a new beginning. "I feel as if something dark lurks here. . . So much tension. . ." Ruka whispers to herself, feeling the earth beneath her feet. 

Ruka takes this time to walk around the house and explore, so she remembers where things are. While Ruka is exploring the house, she notices pictures on the wall. A man, a woman, an young man, and a young boy. 

It was Sasuke's family. 

'How come Sasuke is the only one here? Where are his parents? Is that his older brother?' She thinks to herself. Ruak doesn't know what it's like to have a family since she only had a mother. No father. No brother. Or sister.

But, she rather not ask what happened to the people in the photo since it's none of her business. So, Ruka continues to explore the house. 

As for Sasuke, he's been watching Ruka closely without her noticing. He didn't want to say it out loud, but he really wanted to get to know the Willow Maiden more. Needless to say that he had a small crush on her. And as did Naruto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~