{35} Who Are You, Sasuke Uchiha?

While the team walked to search for Orochimaru's hideout, the song, Canary, still rang through Ruka's ears. She doesn't recognize the voice, but she knows its her song. "Sakura. . ." Ruka whispers out her teammates name as she looked down at the ground. 

"Yes, Ruka?" Sakura looks at her. 

"You and Naruto have mentioned your old teammate, Sasuke. . . Could you. . .tell me what he was like? Please?" 

"Sure." Sakura smiles as she nodded her head. "Sasuke was strong, fast, and a good team member. He trained really hard and got stronger each day. He even saved me from Orochimaru when we took the Chunin exams in the Forest of Death. But, I don't think I can ever understand why he left to go to Orochimaru. . . But when we see him, he will bring him home." 

"Strong and fast? Have I ever encountered him?" 

"Of course. You lived in his house after we brought you to the Leaf Village. He seemed to care a lot about you since you couldn't stop talking about you. Even in the Land of Snow, him and Naruto did everything they could to protect you." Sakura frowns at the end of her sentence. "After we assumed you were dead, he left us. . ." 

"Was it because of me? Was I the reason why he left the team?" Ruka looks at Sakura with a questioning look. 

"No! Of course not! It wasn't your fault, Ruka! I swear!" Sakura puts her hands up in defense while she sweated. "I'm sure Sasuke had a good reason to leave, but I don't think I will understand." 

"Okay." Ruka nods. 'The way she talks about him makes it sound like that she was in love with him. But, I cannot remember who and what he looked like. Yet he hums the song that I use to sing. . .' She thinks. Ruka stops walking when she sees Kabuto, someone who she has never met before, standing in the middle of the bridge that they were walking on. "Who is that?" She informs the group while she looks ahead.

"Kabuto!" Sakura states. 

"It's nice to see you all again." Kabuto smirks, then looks at Ruka and drops his smirk. 'Somebody new to the team? Or could it be. ..' He thinks to himself. "I don't believe we've met. Is your name Ruka by any chance?" 

"Y-Yes." Ruka nods her head as she takes a step back. 

"Ah. Sasuke has talked a lot about you, even though you don't match the description he gave out. I am Kabuto Yakushi. It's a pleasure to meet you, Willow Maiden~ Lord Orochimaru would love to meet you."  

"You know where Sasuke is!? Tell me where! Where is he!?" Sakura shouts at him. Before Kabuto could answer, Orochimaru appears beside Kabuto with a wicked smirk. 

Everyone, except for Sai, freezes when they meet the Legendary Sanin. His eyes look directly at Ruka and his smirk widens. "So, this is the Willow Maiden of the Willow Forest." He snickers. 

"According to Sasuke, she controls the Earth with her singing, but mostly the thorns that are stored within her body. She's quite powerful." 

"You leave Ruka out of this!" Naruto shouts at them, breaking up the conversation as he steps in front of Ruka. 

"Naruto. . ." Ruka gently places her hand on his shoulder before walking in front of him. "I want to know about Sasuke. If I come with you. . .will you not hurt Naruto?" 

The team was shocked at Ruka's response. "Ruka, what are you doing!?" Naruto grabs her hand. "You can't go with these guys." 

"Naruto." Ruka looks at him and nods, as if she were saying, 'It will be alright.' 

"Do you wish to see Sasuke that badly?" Orochimaru smirks. 

"Hai." Ruka looks at the Snake and nods her head once more. "He was my teammate too, was he not? I want to know who he is now. I am the one that you are after, right, Orochimaru?"