{37} What Do You Want From Me? Isn't This Enough?

After Yamato, Sai, Naruto, Sakura, and Ruka returned to the village, Ruka spent the rest of the day with her summoning fox, Basil. She thought she ought to get to know her summoning since they will be together for a very long time. 

Ruka and Basil were in woods, in the playground, so they can be alone for a while. Naruto went to train and she didn't want to bother him, while Sakura was with Tsunade. "Kawaii!" {So cute!} Ruka squealed as she hugged Basil while giggling, but stops when she feels someone's movements. 

It was Sai. 

Basil, being protective over his owner, gets in front of Ruka and growls at Sai who was approaching. "What are you doing here?. . ." She asked him as she looked away and took a step back. 

"I'm not here to hurt you." Sai smiled at her. "I want to ask you something." 

"What about? . . ." Ruka continued to avoid eye contact as thorns slithered their way to Sai's feet, in case he decides to attack like he did last time. 

"It's about Sasuke. Your old teammate." 

"What about him?" 

"What do you remember about him? Naruto says that he use to be on your team but when AWL after your 'death'." 

"I remember. . .living under the same roof as him when the team took me into the Leaf Village. But that is all that I know, honestly. My memory is still blank, consider all that has happened up until now." 

"If you did remember every bit of Sasuke, would you still consider him as your teammate even when he's gone rogue?" 

"Of course! Because him and Naruto are the same, believe it or not. . . I could feel it. . . Sasuke is just like Naruto. He hides all of his emotions inside him because he does not want to show any sign of weakness. I was like that when I was in the Akatsuki. . ." 

"I see. I want to apologize for the way I acted towards you the last time we were here." 

"I cannot forgive you." 

"Oh? Why is that?" Sai continues to smile. 

"Because I am afraid of you, but at the same time I wish to hurt you." Ruka glares. "Attacking me and apologizing will not change things. Therefore, I do not trust you and I want you to stay away from me. You are suppose to keep your distance from me, are you not? Did you come all the way out here to tell me this?" 

"No. Not really. I also wanted to give you this." Sai holds up a file in his hands and places it on the ground. Basil fetches the files and returns to Ruka, handing it to her. 

"This is. . .me." Ruka states once she sees her name. "Where did you find this?" 

"In the file cabinet in Lady Hokage's office. I figured you might want it since that file belongs to you." 

"I know that Lady Tsunade kept a file of me. I remember when I first entered into the village with Naruto. He stood by me while she wrote down what I told her, about my history." 

"But there is something you should know. Turn the page over." Sai drops his smile and gives Ruka a dark look. 

Ruka does what he says and looks at the second page. Her eyes become wide when she's what it is written. "What is it. . . ?" Out of impulse, thorns wrap around Sai's body tightly and lifts him into the air. "Why is my name on the Bingo Book? . . . Why am I a bounty!?" 

"You didn't know? How sad." Sai smiles, then returns to his dead serious look. "The answer is simple, Ruka. You are my target." 

"Target? . . . That is why you attacked me the other day. You wanted to know what I was capable of so you could write it down in the book. Dōshite?" {Why?} She begins to glare. 

"Because Ruka, I like you." Sai smiles again. 

"But you want to kill me." 

"Not kill you. Just to learn everything there is about you. I've heard so many rumors about you, from other villages, and I wanted to see for myself. But I got more than I expected. You using Wood Style for an example." 

"Why are you so interested in me?! What is it that you want?!" Ruka shouts with her eyes shut. 'Why must I be a target to everyone? . . . Why is this happening to me?! . .  .' She thought as she was about to tear up. Before Sai could answer, he is blown away with brutal force. But it didn't come from Ruka. 

Seeing this made her blink through her upcoming tears. She wasn't the one who attacked Sai this time. She didn't intent to do anything. "That guy is really getting on my nerves. He shouldn't be making Ruka cry like that." 

Hearing this voice made Ruka's eyes widen and look in front of her to see her fellow plant friend. 

"Zetsu. . ." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~