{51} Are You Ready For Death?

Naruto had returned to the village with Yamato, Sakura, and Killer Bee, since they failed to bring back Sasuke once more. Ruka saw them coming into the village, and smiled and ran to the front gate. "Naruto! You came back!" Ruka hugged Naruto, gently wrapping her arms around his neck.

Naruto hugs her back as he says, "I'm home, Ruka. How have you been while I was gone? Were you able to rest." He asked while pulling away from her embrace. 

"Mhm. Actually, there is something I would like to talk to you about." Ruka smiles, but it is dropped when she sees Killer Bee standing behind him. "Who is. . .this?" She questioned. 

"This is Killer Bee. He is the host of the 8 tails." Naruto introduces Killer Bee to Ruka, who is staring intensively at him. "What's the matter?" 

"I feel like that. . .we have met before. He looks awfully familiar. . ." Ruka continued to stare at Killer Bee. Images of him flashed in her head, of him attacking her with his swords and in his tailed beast form. 

"You look familiar yourself." Killer Bee told Ruka. 

Ruka stared at him for a long time, but she couldn't recall ever meeting him. That was because of her other self that had battled with him. They don't share the same memories since they act like different people. 

"Īe. I cannot remember you. But, I am Ruka. It is nice to meet you, Killer Bee." Ruka smiled at him. {No.}

"Likewise." Killer Bee replies. 

"Anyway, you wanted to talk to me about something?" Naruto said to Ruka. 

"Oh, right. It is about Tobi. . . I think. . .he is trying to declare war. With all that has happened so far, he has a goal. . ." 

"You don't say." Naruto becomes serious. "Did he tell you anything while you were with him?" 

"No. Nothing about war." Ruka shook her head. "But, I think that is his goal. Somebody told me about him. . . A relative. . ." 

"Relative? I didn't know you had any siblings." 

"Well. . . It is complicated. Anyway, his goal is recreating something that has happened years ago. The way he acts is not the same as before. While I was with him, his voice became different and his behavior was as if he was trying to be somebody else." 

"I'll talk to Grandma Tsuande about this. Thanks for telling me, Ruka." Naruto smiles at her. 

"Also. . . If this all does go to war. . . I want to help." Ruka frowned, knowing Naruto's reaction. 

"Ruka, that's insane. You're in recovery and-" 

"I know, but I want to help. You have done so much for me, and I feel like I have been a burden to you. I want to repay the favor by helping as much as I can. I already asked Lady Tsunade and she approved. Which is why, I also want your consent because you are my friend." 

Naruto is a bit surprised by Ruka's request, but seeing the desperation in her eyes caused him to sigh. "Well, if this is what you really want to do, then I won't stop you. You do what you think is right. But, I'm still not letting you out of my sight. So, if you're going to do this, then, I'm going to do it with you." 

"Arigato! Naruto!" Ruka smiled. {Thank you!}

"By the way, I want to meet your relative. If that's okay with you." Naruto rubs the back of his head. 

"I would love to, but he does not want to come out of hiding. . . Sorry. But, I am sure he will come out of his shell to help." 

"This guy must be really weird then. But, alright." 

Later that day, Ruka prepared for war with Basil at her side. She was writing letters to each village, letting them know that war is coming. She had made shadow clones of Basil in order to spread the letter that was attached to her back. 

"Take this to each Kage of each village. Be careful, Basil." Ruka instructed her summoning while she tied the note to her back. 

"Yes, Milady." Basil nodded and went on her way, out of the village. 

"Are you sure you up for this kind of battle, sister." Ruka jumped at the sound of Shinsuke's voice. Ruka turned around and saw him standing behind the KIA stone where she was. 

"Shinsuke. . . You finally came out of hiding. . ." Ruka said to him and went back to studying the scrolls of wood style that Tsuande gave her. "Ready or not, I will fight alongside with my friends. . . This is my home." 

"Does that mean you are ready for death?" Shinsuke places his hand on Ruka's shoulder. "This battle will not end well, and blood will be shed. Even yours. . . Are you ready for that? You fear the sight of your own blood and you tend to lose control. If you lose control, you will be killing both comrades, allies, and even your friends." 

"Even if I cannot control it, Naruto will be there. . . He has been my light ever since the day took me away from the Will Forest, so I can live amongst the other shinobi. I am not afraid of death. . . Not anymore. . . Naruto gives me strength. . . What are you doing here?"

"To give you this." Shinsuke hands Ruka a file. "I managed to take it from the Hokage Office. This is what you need to know about this certain person." 

"Why are you giving me this?" Ruka takes the file and opens it. "Madara. . .Uchiha?"  

"He started the 1st Shinobi War. I heard you talking about Tobi and his behavior. What Tobi is trying to create is the same thing Madara did. He wants to destroy all Shinobi. I am giving you this to warn you about this man. Even though he is deceased. But, there is a possibility that he can come back to life." 

"He can reanimated. . . I know. . ." 

"Once you go up against him, he will not let you rest. Not for a second. . . You died once, sister. Nobody, not even Zetsu, will be able to revive you. Not even me. Even if you use your own seed to revive you, it will not do you any good. I will not be able to save you if I could." 

"Then I will die happily." Ruka sadly smiles at Shinsuke, then turns back to the scroll. "My entire life I have lived to my expectations as the Willow Maiden and Daughter of the former Willow Maiden, and also running from the dangers of this world. . . I have learned a lot from the shinobi. Especially from Naruto. . . I have done a lot of bad things, and I have own up to it. There are so many things I wish to learn, but if I were to die. . . At least, I will die with a smile." 

"You make it sound like you plan to die. Is that your goal?" 

"Not at the least, but it could happen. There were many times where I almost died. . . But, this is war. . . I cannot sit back and watch others fight. I want to be strong as them. I want to fight alongside them. That is why. . . I will back down." 

"Such strong words for a fragile heart." Shinsuke smirks. 

"You will not participating, will you not?" 

"No." Shinsuke shakes his head. "Fighting alongside with humans is scary and a big step. Life is too short, sis. You shall live your life to its fullest before it is too late. I wish you the best of luck, Ruka." With that said, Shinsuke returns to his hideout as he waves to Ruka. 

Ruka stands up from the ground and goes back to the Hokage Tower. There, Gaara awaits her as Tsuande informs him about the war. "Ruka, you're just in time." Tsunade says to her. 

"Lord Kazekage. . . Hello." Ruka bows to Gaara. 

"It is nice to see you again, Ruka. I would like you to lend me your knowledge on the war. The man you speak of, Tobi, is apart of this. Right?" Gaara questioned. 

"Yes. . ." Ruka nodded. "This should help. . ." Ruka hands him the file of Madara Uchiha. "I already sent my summoning, Basil, to inform each village about the war. It should give them time to prepare. Will. . . this be enough?" 

"It will be plenty." Gaara nods his head with a smile. "You are helping us a lot. We hope you can continue lending us your knowledge." 

"I will help in every way that I can." Ruka smiles back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~