{27} Do You Remember Me?

Ruka and Zetsu made it back to the hideout without being spotted by anyone. Ruka did not say a word when she returned to the hideput. That's because she and nothing to say.

Nothing came to mind when she touch her own thorn crown. As she said, all she can remember was her mother giving it to her as a gift. 

When they returned to the hideout, it was empty. Which means every Akatsuki member is out trying to find a tailed beast. "Looks like everyone is out." Zetsu states, making Ruka nod her head in understandment. But not 2 seconds later,

"Good. You are still here." Sasori and Deidara walk into the hideout, having Zetsu and Ruka look at them. 

"Welcome back. . . Sasori. . . Deidara. . ." Ruka greets them back. 

"Well, look at you. All grown up, hn." Deidara walks over to Ruka as she looks up at him since he is taller than her. "Your hair has changed." He complimented. 

"Thank you. . ." Ruka says back. 

"What are you two doing here? You both are suppose to be out looking for the 1 tailed Jinchuriki." Zetsu reminds them. 

"The Leader wants us to bring Ruka along with us. We need her to help us capture the 1 tails." Sasori answers. 

This makes Ruka take a step back, since she is still afraid to go out in the outside world. Sure, she has been to the Leaf Village, and that was because she was with Zetsu, and they were quiet about it. 

But going out in public, where she knows that they will be spotted and probably get into a fight is what frightens her. She ha been shelter these past 2 years because of the Akatsuki who vow to protect her. 

"Looks like she is still shook up about going outside." Deidara states, seeing the look on Ruka's scared expression. 

"You'll be fine." Sasori steps out of his puppet and walks over to Ruka, lifting her chin up. "As long as you stay by us, nothing will happen to you. Do you understand?" 

"Mhm. . ." Ruka nods. 

"That's a good girl. Now then, let's go." Sasori walks back into the puppet and leaves with Deidara, with Ruka following behind. 

"Good luck, Ruka! You better keep your end of the bargain, Sasori." Zetsu calls out to the 3 members that just left. 

"Goodbye. . ." Ruka waves to Zetsu. 

When they arrived to the gates Sand Village, Deidara created a bird out of his clay and took flight with Ruka on it as well. She frowns a bit, knowing that there is no Green around, which has her a disadvantage. 

"There is no Green around these parts. . ." She informs Deidara. 

"Hm? I'm sure there is something you can use. Remember, you can feel the earth beneath the surface of all this sand. Hn. Now hang on." Deidara takes flight to the sky, making sure that he is not detected. 

Meanwhile, Gaara. . . 

He remembers Ruka well because there was a time where Naruto introduced Ruka to him. when they were still a bit young. "Gaara! This is Ruka! She's from the Willow Forest near the Grass Village!" 

"It's nice to meet you, Ruka. I've heard a lot about you." Gaara tells Ruka with a smile. 

"It is nice to meet you, too, Gaara!" Ruka bows her head. "Naruto has told me a lot about you, too! I hope we can be friends like I am with Naruto." She smiles as she takes Gaara's hand into hers. 

That was when Gaara came to visit the Leaf Village to check on Naruto, and for a joint mission. And then. . .

"If you see Ruka. . . Please tell her to come home and try to remember us. . . Please. . ." Naruto sobs when he told Gaara that Ruka had joined the Akatsuki after they came back from their mission. 

These memories stuck by Gaara, hoping one day that he would meet Ruka again and tell her what Naruto told him. 

Back to Deidara and Ruka. . .

It was already night time and they were still soaring through the air. "Alright, let's do this. Hn." Deidara informs Ruka, and hops off the bird, landing on top of the Kazekage tower and in front of Gaara. 

Because of Ruka's new appearance, he doesn't recognize her. 'Why does he. . .look familiar. . .?' Ruka says within her thoughts. 

"That's as for as you go." Gaara glares down at the two Akatsuki members. Deidara smirks and reaches in his pouch for clay. Seeing the sand from behind, Ruka grabs Deidara and jumps in the air, then landing on the bird. 

"Get ready, Ruka!" Deidara notifies the girl and she nods her head. 

"Ruka?" Gaara repeats. Taking a closer look at the girl's eyes, his eyes widen. The cold gaze she gives out with those red eyes of hers lets Gaara that it's her. "So. . . You've returned." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~