37

So you fell asleep. 

A shuffle from a distant causes you to stir awake in your place. You squint an eye open only to close it due to the bright light piercing through a window. 

Beneath you is a soft surface, layered with what you sum up is a blanket. 

But weren't you in a car? 

You were in a car last night. The warm rays of the sun beaming outside tells you that it's morning now. 

Where am I? 

You see a blurry figure entering your field of vision and the ends of your hair stands up. 

Please tell me I'm not in a room with a stranger. 

They're facing the window, unaware of your consciousness. Good. Maybe if you get up now and make a dash for it, you'll make it out alive. 

With that thought in mind, you begin to slowly - but cautiously- pull yourself up with the intent of racing for the other side of the door. 

But the subtle noise you make captures their attention and you squint your eyes shut because you're a failure.

"You're awake." 

And then you don't think you're a failure anymore. 

For goodness sake it's just Taehyung. 

All worries and self discouragement you felt a while ago flushes out of your system.

The bed dips beneath your closed hands and the blanket pools down to rest above your lap. 

You look around? "Where am I?"

"At a resort. You fell asleep on the way here so I booked us a room." 

"A resort?" 

Taehyung hums in confirmation. 

You rub a fist against your eye as you go over last night's events. After Lisa had pushed you into the car, Taehyung did say he'd bring you to the location Lisa had texted him. 

This must be the place. 

Taehyung prise your hand away from your eye and proximity of his face makes you blink.

"Yup. After you fell asleep last night, I figured we could stay the night here. Consider this a present for tolerating Lisa's orders." 

The girl did talk like she was a commander in the army. That probably explains why you were exhausted yesterday. 

You're feeling refreshed and completely awake now that you've had your sleep.

"What time is it?"

Taehyung glances at his phone before saying. "Two thirty." 

"You're telling me I've been asleep for more than ten hours?" 

"Why do sound so surprised?" He beams you a look of amusement, tapping you on the nose before standing up to stretch. "You over sleep all the time." 

That said, he strides to fhe window and stares at the view.

You on the other hand scramble out of bed and scavenge the inside of your bag sitting on the night stand. 

"Hate to break it you but I promised Lisa I'd help her keep watch of the cafe every step of the way." When you pat your pockets and only feel the curve of your body, you realize that your phone's missing. "Taehyung, where's my phone?"

"Hm?" He whirls his head, eyebrows up in attention. "Phone? You don't have it?"

It's not on the bed or underneath. It's not inside your bag either. 

Great. 

Fingers digging your hair, you heave out a long sigh of frustration. You had it with you right before you fell asleep.

It must've fell off somewhere when Taehyung brought you here. Speaking of which. You turn to the boy and ask with a tilt of your head. "Did you carry me here?" 

The young man casually shrugs his shoulders. "You're a heavy sleeper." 

A wave of embarrassment crawls up to your face and you pinch the bridge of you nose. 

You wonder how many people saw you in that state. Your only hope is that Taehyung had been smart enough to cover his face. Or your face for that matter. 

"Anyway." You snap out of your turmoil. Now is not that time to dwell over what can't be changed. "We better get going." 

"Where?"

"Where else? Back at the cafe. Lisa's probably looking for me." 

Your fingers end up clashing against his abdomen when he suddenly blocks the door.

When you look up, Taehyung's an arm length away from your face.

And is that sweat you're seeing? "You can't leave."

"Why not?"

"Because.." He trails off with a lost look in his eyes. "You just can't. At least not yet. Maybe you should go back to sleep. You're still exhausted."

Talk about suspicious. 

You don't have time to play around right now. So you do the only thing that can be done. If he isn't going to move, then maybe a coaxing hand will do the trick. You try to push him aside. 

But he doesn't budge. 

"Taehyung." 

"Y/n." He says with an equal serious tone. 

So this is how it's going to go uh?

You poke the inside of your cheek and attempt to push him again. Yet he reacts back by staying put. 

It eventually blooms a game of push and pull that lasts for two minutes of you struggling to reach the door and Taehyung standing as an obstacle. 

"Oh for goodness sake, Tae step aside!" 

He grumbles something you can't hear making you hiss at him in annoyance.

"What?"

"I said if I do you'll only get mad." 

And what makes him think you're not mad now?

With full determination fueling the fire within you, you succeed pushing him to the side and finally swing the door open. 

Your inner celebration doesn't last long once you take in your environment. "What?" 

When Taehyung said you were in a resort, you expected to jump out of that room and come face to face with a hallway. Maybe with a bunch of people.

But what's this? The vibration beneath your feet becomes prominent now as a gush of ocean breeze brushes across your face.  

Taehyung steps out of the room and casually leans against the door frame with arms crossed over his chest. If he had shown fear and hesitation a while ago, right now it's the total opposite.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes, Y/n?"

You grind your teeth together, slowly turning to look at him. "Care to explain why we're on a ship?"