You speak too much

VIRAT KOHLI

It was the third day of the match and we were fielding.It was hot then in the afternoon.I took a break for sometime and came back to relax a bit.Sanjana and Sam were interviewing some players of the Bombay side.She was a very beaming person-happy all the time as if she had no troubles or complaints towards life.In these few days,I saw a spark in her eyes when she talked to somebody.And of course she was a fan of mine which made me like her a bit more.Our coach told me that there is some ex-player who wants to meet me now.I went to his room and we had a good talk.He spoke less but whatever he said was really encouraging.I was going back to the field and saw Sanjana talking with Sam.

'You invite him' She said to Sam.

'No,you do' He replied back.

'I can barely talk in front of Virat' She said.

'What? You just shouted in front if him and spoke endlessly' Sam said.

Hah! Seriously Sam was right,she just talked nonstop.

'What you wanna tell me?' I interrupted.

'Umm...actually' Sam said.

'We have a party at our office two days later and it would be an honour for us if you could give us some of your prestigious time' Sanjana said.

Was I some knight or what? This was like a total formal invitation given to royals.I was not sure.I had many things to do but how can I ignore those two puppy faces in front of me.

'Well,I'll try' I said.

'You have to come' She insisted.

'I said I'll try' I replied.

'No look,there's a guy Chirag in our office.He works under Mr.Kapoor and we work under him so he's like our boss.Mr.Kapoor stressed that he wants you at the party as they are celebrating 10 years of Times Now.And Mr.Kapoor is a total beast and if you didn't come Chirag,Sam and me are dead.So please come' She said.

'Ya calm down,I will.Don't worry' I said to her.

I was going and turned back,'Sanjana' I said.

'Yes' she responded.

'You speak too much' I said in a very teasing tone.

She smiled.

But seriously she was funny in her own way.She was unique.However,now I made a promise and needed to fulfill it.