I love him

SANJANA KUMAR

I had a very busy day today. We had Nikhil coming for the interview today.And I also had my guitar class today.All of my night I had Virat's image in my mind which didn't let me sleep and then when I closed my eyes,the view was no different. I reached my office and got busy in my work.

I came back in the evening all tired and alone.

'He didn't even called me once,today' I said,all frustrated.

'But that is what I wanted-no contact with him' I said trying to brush my thoughts.

I was stuck between I don't want him and I want him to want me.I was confused. I wanted him to pay attention towards me and the whole day I didn't hear a word from him.And on the other hand I told him and myself to get a move on in life.Arghh! I was stuck.I switched on the TV and got myself something to eat.I was scrolling through the channels and our channel was showing his interview which I took yesterday.

'We look good together' I said and blushed.

The interview got over and it showed 10 in the clock. I went to my room and sat near the window in that chilly weather.My eyes were about to close as my phone vibrated and it was a message from Virat.

'Sorry,I'm in Bombay and I was busy today that's why didnt called you.You looked lovely on the show with Nikhil.And we looked good together in the TV ;) miss you ❤' It read.

How can a girl not loose control when the love of her life texts her like this.He knew how I looked today,Nikhil must have told him.He also thought the same about 'us'. My hands wrote the reply as fast as they could but then the 'send' button needed some courage to be pressed.I deleted all what I wrote and kept staring at his message.Soon,it started raining outside. But it didn't feel like a good rain,it was a lonely rain.The rain hit my window like a song we both used to sing.His brown eyes were forever etched on to the fiber that was my memory.The drops falling reminded me of the love we share.All those dark cloudy nights when I felt at home with him visited my mind.And how I cried without realizing that I missed him more than anything at that moment. Because he was the only one who could light up the fire inside me and make this sight brighter.I held my phone in my hand and wrote a message,'I miss you' and pressed the button 'send'. I switched off my phone after that as I knew once we started it all over again it will be tough for both of us to keep going.And with this thought I joined my hands and prayed for his happiness and slept.

I woke up and had the most scariest dream ever.It was about Virat having an accident. My heart beater faster, anxiety was what I felt that time. I switched on my phone andd saw Virat's 5 missed calls. I called on his number but it was out of coverage area.I wanted to know that he was okay or not.All the time I kept thinking about him and his phone was unreachable.I had a 5'0 clock shift that day and reached my office.I saw someone sitting inside my room.It was a guy with a grey jacket and a black cap on.

'Excuse me' I said.

He turned back and it was Virat.

'Hy' he said and stood up.

My bag fell on the ground as I rushed to him and hugged him as tight as I could.The dream scared me and seeing him in front of me was such a relieving site.

'Thank God,you are okay' I said holding onto his jacket more tightly.

'Ya I'm okay.whats wrong?' He asked worriedly.

'I had a dream about you having some accident' I said.

'I'm here,I'm all good in front of you' He said placing his hand on my head and holding me.

'Everything is good,calm down' he said as I didn't left him.

Then realizing I hugged him for such long,I broke the hug.

'You good?' He asked.

'Ya' I said and started setlling my stuff.

He looked at me.

'What are you doing here BTW?' I asked.

'I don't need a reason to be here' he said.

'Viraaaaaatt' I said.

'Sanjuuuuu' he said.

'Stop calling me that' I said.

He didn't listen and kept on saying this.

'Cheeekuuuuuuu' I said.

He laughed.

'Vese you really want to know why am I here?' He asked.

'Yes' I replied.

'Because I knew you were missing me' he said.

'Who? Me? No way' I said as I started using my laptop.

'Haan you only sent me that miss you message' he said.

I went a little deep down my chair so he could not see my face behind that laptop.

'Look I have a lot of work to do,don't waste my time' I said.

'Okay,I'll go then' He said.

'Sorry for the jacket' I said as it was wet where I kept my head.

'I'm not' he said in the most assuring voice on could.He was here,he was fine and that was what mattered the most. I stood up and turned my face towards his poster.

'Stop looking at me like that.You know I'm trying to get over you,so don't give me another reason to fall for you' I said unknown of the fact that Virat stood at the threshold.

He came closer to me.My hands taking the support of the table,he leaned towards me and picked up his keys.

'Bye baby' he said and had 'look I know you love me so stop this drama' kind of smile on his face.And what was with this 'baby' thing.I was left in awe of those beautiful big brown eyes that made everything he speak,special. I knew I was gonna lose this battle I was fighting inside me.You are never ready to love,I guess.It just hits you like a wave you never saw coming but the drowing doesn't hurt.You breathe. And I breathe, as each step he took towards me.And it was clear,my decision of ignoring him was going weak.