Sunset

SANJANA KUMAR

Today was the first match of the series and it was Australia vs India.I got ready and reached the beautiful stadium in Perth along Sam and Neha.It was a pleasant day and India had won the toss and chose to field first.People were crazy for the Indian Team overseas too and lots of Indian supporters had arrived to watch the match.There were some girls which had crazy one-liners written about Virat.He was near the boundary rope and signed autographs throughout.He was a big deal for the people around and why wouldn't he be,afterall he was to carry the legacy of Indian Cricket forward.The Austrailian team scored an average target of 260.But on these bouncing tracks it was a good one to defend.Our team went onto win the match though Virat scored just 7 runs.It was a good start to the series.

I went to the press conference after the match.I met the captain,Pranay as he was the man of the match.He was a great guy and I was a fan of his.I liked everybody in the team(almost).We came back to the hotel,the team stayed in the same hotel too.I was going to the dining hall and saw Virat coming out.

'Hey' He said.

'Hy' I replied.

His one 'hey' made my heart go insane.How can someone have such an impact on the another person,I thought.

'Congrats on winning the match' I added.

'Thanks' He said with satisfaction.

He was a team man.When he didn't score,he would still be happy if the team had won.

'So you got your luggage?' He asked.

'Yes,the first time I have come to Australia and they had put me in such a mess.These people still discriminate,I tell you' I answered.

He laughed.

'You never think twice before speaking,don't you?' He asked.

'No.Maybe that's why I'm a good journalist' I said.

'Journalists tend to make things,most of the time but you're different' He said.

'I take that as a compliment' I said with a smile.

Rahul then called him and he went.

There was some magnetism in his eyes.When you looked at them,you just can't lie.And if you would,those eyes would catch you easily.Honesty was all I saw in his pretty eyes.I was happy,happy just seeing him.It's amazing how your happiness is so tied to another person.I just ate a lot that night,maybe all in happiness.

Next day,Neha and Sam had planned an outing as the next match was three days later.We got ready and left.We went to Swan River and geez,it was incredible.Neha and Sam got all cozy while clicking the pictures.The time we return home,they were gonna get engaged.We then went to a nice restaurant.It was evening time and we visited the Scarborough beach,the best in Perth to see a sunset.It was an amazing site to watch the sunset.We sat there and I saw three guys coming.It was Virat,Rahul and one of the bowler Karam.

'Hy' Rahul said.

'Hey' Sam replied.

'What's up?' He asked.

'Nothing just came here to see the sunset' I answered.

'Why don't you join us?' He asked.

'Ya,sure' Neha said.

We went further towards the water and the sky looked brilliant.I was going forward and the wave came straight onto me and I got wet.Virat was the first one to laugh.I then sprinkled the water on him.He ran and I ran behind him.

'You can't catch me' He shouted as he looked back and fell.

It was my turn to laugh then.

'Mr.Kohli just fell,let me call the media' I said teasing him.

'You are the media' He said and stood up making a face cuter than ever.

'You know what' I said.

'What?' He asked shrugging his clothes.

'Most of the cricketers are not cute,but you,are too cute' I said.

'I take that as a compliment' He said with a grin.

We were walking back and it was a different sunset.The colours blended perfectly forming a magical hue.It was not like the ending of something but an indication of something really wonderful yet to happen.Well for me,it had begun walking on the sand with the person I adore the most.It was a sunset that promised a sublime sunrise.