Birthday

VIRAT KOHLI

I woke up and came out of the room.It was 10 a.m by then.Everybody was waiting for me at the breakfast table.Sanjana,Nikhil and his whole family were sitting.And they screamed 'Happy Birthday' loudly when I came.I just wondered what explanation Sanjana had for them,like how come she's here? My favourite dishes were cooked.It felt really special.I got a call from my family.They wanted me to come back home today.I had an amazing breakfast.I took shower and then came out of the bathroom and Sanjana's phone flashed hard and she clicked my pictures from her phone.

'What are you doing?' I asked.

'Taking Birthday boy's shirtless pictures' She answered.

'And what will you do with them?' I asked.

'I'll give it to the media,dekheyi Virat Kohli bina shirt ke kaise dikhte hain' She said.

'Kaise dikhte hain?' I asked.

'Hot dikhte hain'' She replied and sat down on the bed.

'Just see how lovely wishes you received' She said looking at her phone.

'People love you' She added.

I smiled.

'And where's my treat?' She asked.

'Umm...I am going back to Delhi' I told her.

'Why?' She asked and stood up.

'Mom called and said that I need to be there' I said.

'Oh,okay.You should go then' She said.

'You have no problem?' I asked.

'Why should I have one? You should spend your birthday with your family' She said and smiled.

She went out of then room and left me thinking.She came from Delhi to Mumbai that too at midnight just for my birthday.And now that she is here,I'm gonna leave her? NO.I'll take her with me,I thought.

I went out and called her,'Sanjana'.

'Yes' She said turning back.

'Umm..why don't you come along?' I asked.

'Where?' She asked.

'Delhi' I answered.

'Okay' She said and her eyes sparked.

All my friends who lived in Mumbai came by and wished me.I got messages on the social networking sites throughout.It was 2 in the afternoon.Nikhil,Sanjana and me reached the airport.Once people saw me,they went crazy.We got into the plane and all the time,Sanjana just talked and talked.Wishes flowed from everywhere that day.We reached Delhi at 5.And it was the same here.My brother was there to pick me up with my little nephew.

'Bye' Sanjana said.

'Aren't you coming with us?' I asked.

'How can I come?' She asked.

'Come with me to my house' I said.

'It's okay,You go enjoy with your family' She said.

'No,but..' I was talking as she interrupted me.

'Just go and enjoy with your family' She said.

'Okay' I said as I nodded my head.

'My treat is due! Bye' She said and went.

Her thoughts were much clearer than mine or anyone I've ever met.She made things simple.She was sorted out,basically.

I reached my home and there were so many people standing out to wish me with gifts.I thanked them all.My close friends were at my home already.We cutted a cake then,my sixth of the day.It was 7 in the evening then and I decided to call Sanjana.