Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ten days, that's how long it's been since I was shot and presumed dead by everyone except for my sister and me.

Grace had taken me to a holding house near-by that held her extra home stuff. A secret caller sat below the floor board. That's where I've been.

She fixed up my wound to the best of her ability before wrapping it in gauze. The cuts were covered to, while the black and blue marks still showed up like none other before.

They still hurt, but were more bearable then before.

I had slept for three days straight before begging my sister to let me out to find Declan. When she declined and threatened to tie me to the bed, I begged her to look for him.

Her answer was, "If I see him, I'll bring him here."

Imagine how much that irritated me.

Though she asked very day, I never told her fully what had happened. When she saw the bruises and scratches, she assumed those ones. When she saw my torn cover up, I knew the worst things were going through her mind.

But, I never declined or approved any of them.

Today, I found myself once again sitting on the make-shift bed, starring at my knife. When the door to the caller opened, I quickly stood up and gripped my knife. This was an action I did ever time Grace returned, even when I expected her.

Boots were scene first, meaning that the person coming down the latter wasn't Grace.

But, when the person's large figure was seen, I lowered the knife and my mouth dropped. The figure stepped onto the ground, wavering slightly. His hands gripped the latter while his head slowly looked up at me.

Tears rushed to my eyes and what felt like forever, a breath was released from my mouth.

Declan stood next to the latter, his eyes wide with shock while his eyes seemed to fill up with tears as well. In seconds, my feet carried me to him and in his arms. He hissed in pain, but his arms didn't let me go, seeming to lift me off the ground for a second. When he pulled away, his lips met mine and his hand held my cheeks.

I pulled away, licking my lips in hopes of holding onto the taste of his kiss longer.

My eyes racked over his body, noticing that he now had a shirt and boots on. He seemed weak, tired, and in pain as he looked at me with love.

I turned to Emberly who is watching from the latter, "Go. I'll take care of him." She nods before crawling back up the latter and closing the cellar door behind her.

Leading Declan towards the bed, I sit him down before grabbing the water, cloth, and wrap that Grace had been using on me. I helped Declan take off his shirt, watching as he winced at the action. When my eyes caught sight of the marks on him, my heart broke all over again.

Lightly, I placed the wet cloth on his injured side, listening to the hiss of pain he gave me. His words came out suddenly, surprising me, "What happened?"

My eyes stayed on the wound on his side as I talked, not sure of how much to say. "Well, I blacked out for a bit before coming too. I was able to sneak out and find my way to Em where she patched me up. I stayed here until she would let me go out and look for you."

Declan's eyes stayed on me, seeming to watch my face more than my actions.

"What happened, Anna?" He asked again, making me stop and meet his eyes. My mouth parted slightly while my mind searched for the words to say. Sometimes, no information is the best information.