Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Declan was hiding in the darkness of the woods, his eyes watching the tent that was set up near a fire. McTaggart, Charleston, and I stood across from him on the other side of the woods.

I saw the smirk play on his face when Michael appeared from the tent, wearing only his coat to keep the cold off his naked body. He walks over to a tree in front of Declan, who is still unseen, before relieving himself.

When Michael jumps and lets out a yelp, I know that he's seen Declan through the trees.

Declan laughs, walking out from the woods and out in the open where the rest of us join him. "I got you," Declan points to Michael who is breathing heavily. He turns and notices me, smiling, "Anna! Declan! You're alive!"

"Come here, boy," Declan says with a smile, pulling Michael into a hug.

"What the hell are you doing sneaking up on us?" Michael asks, pulling away and facing Declan, his head turning to me a few times.

"Well, took us a long time to find you," Declan says with a shrug, being half true. We've been a little busy. Declan turns his head, noticing Michael's uncovered coat, "Michael!". Michael see's what Declan is yelling at and quickly covers himself with his coat.

My eyes see Sokanon, who is standing behind Declan. Her eyes glare at me before turning to Declan who is chuckling as he turns. Once he sees Sokanon's glare, his smile falls and her name slips out in a whisper, "Sokanon."

McTaggart, with a large smile, says, "Sokanon. Lovely to see you again, sweetheart."

In second, Sokanon has her bow and arrow aimed at McTaggart, looking beyond pissed. I know she's ready to fire any second, so I step in front of the crazy eyed man, causing her to lower the arrow. She knows better than to aim a weapon at me.

She stares at me, giving Declan a quick glance before turning and walking away.

"Touchy," McTaggart comments, making me glare at him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. She hates you," Declan said, pointing to McTaggart who shrugs.

There is a small pause as Michael looks at everyone, his eyes landing on me with a smile. He takes a step towards me, his arms going outward to hug me. My feet took a step back, my hand holding up to stop him, "I'll hug you after you put some pants on, Michael."

He looks down, holding his jacket before nodding, "Right." He turns, walking away from the group in embarrassment.

We all took the night to get some rest, something that I was defiantly grateful for. By morning, I was ready to start my day. I ate and grabbed two knives to practice throwing, something I did to pass time.

It was no surprise when Declan joined me a few minutes later, both of us finding a target and hitting it every time. It was just the two of us for a bit, making me enjoy the small moment we had together.

Declan throws the knife again, hitting dead on the target. I nod in approval before throwing my own knife and hit just next to his. Any closer and I would have landed right on his knife. He looks at me with a smirk, seeming to admire my still flawless moves.

As Declan retrieved the knives, my stomach started to toss, putting my body in an uncomfortable state. I move my weight around, hoping to stop the tossing and find some sort of normal.

I fail to realize Declan's eyes on me the entire time.

"Are you okay?"

My eyes look at his face, noticing how worried he is. I want nothing more than to tell him that I don't feel good, but until we finish things or I find out why, I'm not saying a word. If it's a bug, it'll leave my system soon.