14

Well dang. I did not expect that. Having your neck snapped hurts like a chicken getting its head chopped off.

I can never get used to the pain. Yep you heard it, I've had my neck snapped before sadly multiple times.

One time I fell down the stairs, another time I fell and hit the kitchen counter. Another time I pissed off this guy and let's just say he was pretty mad. He hit me with steel pipe. He was human so he thought I was dead and threw me in a pond. What a crazy experience. Lucky for me I'm an excellent swimmer.

I also remember the time when my cousin snapped my neck, three times in one day! Talk about major anger issues. I was only borrowing his laptop...without asking but still, I could've died. Well no I can't die with a snapped neck but you know what I mean. He is the reason I say Lycans are beautiful jerks.

Anyways, I woke up in the infirmary with Caroline by my side. How I even got here is a mystery to me. Oh by the way I haven't opened my eyes so she thinks I'm still unconscious. I can smell her so i know she is next to me.

She is so sweet. She came to see me. So normal werewolves take like forever to heal from a snapped neck. Well not like forever forever more like one week but my healing is faster. I guess my illness isn't so bad sometimes. Except for the darkness and the fact that I can't shift. That's pretty shitty.

"Please wake up Ry. I miss you." She whispered with sadness. Awww she is too cute I need to wake up. My poor baby. I gotta make it look natural though.

I slowly opened my eyes and groaned. My acting is literally on fire right now. You can't reach my level.

She looked distressed. Her hair was in shambles but she looked amazingly perfect. If my hair looked like that I would look like a I had an eagle's nest on my head.

Fun fact, I once walked out of the house with a bad hair day and an eagle came flying down and stuck it's claws in my head. I bled out of course and almost died and I got like 24 stitches. Talk about painful. Well I didn't almost die because I can't easily die, which is weird for a human but I'm not. I think the meds are getting to me.

"Ry you're awake." She said letting out a breath of relief.

"I'm up." I said as I tried to sit up straight.

"Woah calm down the nurse said you can't stress yourself. You got your neck snapped which is dangerous. It is very strange that you're awake. How are you awake?" She told me.

"Trust me I'm fine. Super fast healing." I said.

"No Ryan-"

"I'm fine. "

We looked at each other for a few seconds before she looked away.

"Caroline I need to tell you something." I told her.

What the hell am I doing? I can't tell her. She'll leave. I can't lose her she's my best friend sort of, I think.

"It can wait. Right now you need to get better." She objected.

"Care its important." I tried to convince her.

I'm really doing this. This is so unplanned but I need to tell her. My gut is telling me it's time or it's the meds I'm on which are affecting my thinking but this can't end well.

"We need to talk." I told her.

"That doesn't sound good." She replied with a worried smile.

I'm not ready.

"Can we talk this weekend?" I asked with hope that she'd agree.

"Yeah we can." She said," Sebastian was worried. So was every one else."